cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User The white box is based on Roku LT like one I purchased nearly 3 years ago.

You'll find the latest black box is vastly superior as it's based on Roku 3 - well worth £14.99 Smiley Happy

The latest on demand apps definitely perform better with the extra power - I can even see that compared to HDMI Streaming Stick I also use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
thx for the answer but i don't want to buy another nowtv box all i want is the itv player to work properly
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Obviously I'm not trying to sell you a new box but, with older box, you'll find problems with latest apps that perform much better with more powerful box.

I notice the difference loading Demand 5 between my NowTV black box and my HDMI Stick ( more powerful than white box)

Apart from reinstalling ITV player to see if it helps there's no other solution that I can suggest

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I may simply be doing this all wrong, but when i look on ITV player on my computer is see 4 previous episode of Doc Martin..... and the last two from the season just finished i want to watch ! When i look at ITV player app on Nowtv i see....... one old episode which is at least 2 years old and was shown on itv4  at a weekend !!! Am i missing something ? Why does what i see on the pc not equal what i see on the tv screen ? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I may simply be doing this all wrong, but when i look on ITV player on my computer is see 4 previous episode of Doc Martin..... and the last two from the season just finished i want to watch ! When i look at ITV player app on Nowtv i see....... one old episode which is at least 2 years old and was shown on itv4 at a weekend !!! Am i missing something ? Why does what i see on the pc not equal what i see on the tv screen ? Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

To see more episodes you need to start playing the current episode, wait until the ads have finished and the programe itself starts, then press the pause button on the remote.

You will then be able to click left and OK on the remote to select 'view all episodes' to get to the rest of the episodes that are available.

This bizarre behaviour is the way the app has been designed I'm afraid. I'd like to think that ITV will update their Roku app to make the process of selecting more episodes easier but so far they've not done anything about it!

Hope that helps.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

PS I've merged your two posts into this one discussion just to avoid duplication. 

Hope you manage to find the episodes you want to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wow that was a quick reply, thanks a lot. I will give that a go, i do agree it is really confusing, i would of never thought to do that. thanks.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome. If you do have any problems, just post back. Good luck! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It has worked..... bejezus ! Not  got time to see the last two episodes i missed (due to my Humax Youview breaking !!) but i will watch them tomorrow. I must admit to really taking to my Nowtv box already, for the price its a no brainer. Cheers.