cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123

It's there ... Try scrolling down to the A-Z section, and you'll find it listed first under the P section.

Youll only see the latest episode listed, if you want to watch the previous week's episodes you have to start the latest episode first, wait for the ads to finish and the programme to start, then you can press pause on the remote, and you'll see an option to view all episodes (daft, I know, but that's how the app's been designed by ITV).

huxley123
Scholar 2

It's not listed.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 wrote:

It's not listed.

@huxley123

In that case you've got your location set as Scotland, which means you won't get access to ITV1 content. 

Open the ITV Player app, then press the * button on your remote to get to the settings. Go to Location and enter an English postcode (any postcode you get from doing a Google search should be fine) then click the Change postcode option. Press the back arrow until you get back to the homepage and try looking under P again. You may need to quit the app and open it again to get the full selection.

huxley123
Scholar 2

That could be the problem, I'm in Scotland, I don't even see an ITV1 channel.

I'll try another postcode later.

huxley123
Scholar 2

That worked, thanks.

Episode 2 seems to be missing but it's not on the ITV player website either.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123

Glad it works for you. 

huxley123
Scholar 2

I thought I was going mad, I have a similar problem with 'For the Love of Cars' on the All4 app.

That seems to be a different problem, but the similariity in titles was a bit spooky.

huxley123
Scholar 2

Are you looking at Paul O'Grady's Animal Orphans?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

On my (black) Now TV box, it's the first listing under P.

The first listing should be 'Paul O'Grady - For t...' with the second listing as 'Paul O'Grady's Ani...'

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi i have a white nowtv box and the itv player is takins so long to load tv programmes.

e.g watching corrie on itv player when it goes to a break i get 4 dots in the middle of the screen no adverts and it takes ages for the programme to continue.

i think its time i scrapped the now tv box they are rubbish......