cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes several times as well as a full factory reset

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you checked if ITV player works on pc, mobile or tablet? Also I believe that omnibuses of soaps are on at weekend on ITV2 or 3.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes it works on my phone but it mentions something regarding a 30day free
trial? We're as bbciplayer and ch5 catchup are all free?? Think I might end
up back with the dreaded sky 😒 if I have to pay extra

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I use ITV Player with my Rokus and it's always been free albeit I think there's some form of paid premium service that I've never used.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So it should work but it won't 😭 does it have anything to do with running
it through 4g mobile broadband?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Could well be the problem - my daughter uses 4G on 3 and says she has problems with demand services that will only run over internet.

Just got 4G phone myself but need to get micro sim so can't check for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A new season of Vampire Diaries has just started on itv2 but as it's on so late I wanted to catch up with it today while off work but it's not showing in the listings why is that? 

This now means I will have to watch it on my pc direct from their site which I hate.

Thanks Lesley

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, very sorry for this but as it is a 3rd party app the content on the app will be down to ITV themselves. I Hope you were able to view on your laptop.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The vampire diaries is known only being playable through ITV player on a few platforms. The vampire diaries isn't available on standard Roku, either.

I know the vampire diaries is definitely available ITV player on the following platforms

• Youview
  • PC
  • virgin media
  • sky

I'm not even sure if it's available on android and iPhone

But @Anonymous User is correct it's down to ITV to determine what programs will be available on which platforms and what programs are available will depend upon the agreements that ITV have both with rights holders and the TV services ITV works with.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
huxley123
Scholar 2

Am I not looking in the right place, or is 'Paul O'Grady - For the Love of Dogs' missing from the NOW TV ITV app?