cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV Hub

I'm curious why ITV1 isn't included on my ITV Hub. I bought this so I could catch up on the soaps I miss while at work
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using a Scottish Post Code by any chance ?

If so change your post code to somewhere in England (i use the Sky Offices post code TW75QD) which works for me.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using a Scottish Post Code by any chance ?

If so change your post code to somewhere in England (i use the Sky Offices post code TW75QD) which works for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, I am Scottish
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Use the post code in my first post, it should work and you will get ITV 1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Your an absolute genius!! I have just used this postcode and it’s worked. Though I think it’s strange why it doesn’t accept a Scottish postcode, but thank you for sharing this
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s a rights thing; ITV aren’t allowed to show ITV1 in Scotland, as STV has those rights.

But as you have found, it is extraordinarily easy to bypass, even though ITV could perfectly well determine your location rather than taking your word for it on a postcode, so you might gather that ITV aren’t too fussed, as long as the niceties are observed 🙂

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haha, now I can't find where to change my postcode
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When on the main homepage if you press the star * option button on the remote controller where it should then open the settings screen where towards the right hand side is location, click on location and a new screen will appear with a keyboard to enter a post code.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for all your help. It's appreciated
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What soap show are you going to watch, i will guide through how to find the different episodes which are hard to find on the ITV hub.