cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to watch YUPPTV on NOW TV

Team,

I have a plugin in app store called YUPPTV. Its a channel which provides channels based out of India. The problem is this app isn't working for NOWTV. I contacted the YUPPTV support, they suggested that the app version in NOWTV appstore is old and would need a newer version updated by nowtv guys without which app doesn't work. This works extremely fine in ROKU though. Can you please look at this urgently

8 REPLIES 8
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello there 🙂

It's a long shot, but a "forced update" will see if the third party apps have the latest versions. 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Casey! It dint work unfortunately! Wouldn't nowtv regularly update their apps in line with ROKU? Apologies, but I bought this box only yesterday and still in exploring mode

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's a shame, sorry it didn't help.

You can always go on to live chat and see what advice a team member can offer. 🙂

Click the link again and click on the green contact us button at the bottom. On the next page, select "live chat". Best on a PC/Mac. 🙂

I hope you do get the answer you are looking for. Cat Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I will pass this onto the team to look into for you.

Can you let us know in what way the app isn't working, also provide any pictures to help us find the root of the issue.

Once I have an update I will let you know.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I had exactly the same problem where yupptv would not play and the advice from Now Tv customer service of reinstalling the software did not work, so ended up returning the box.  I liked Now TV and would buy it again if yupptv is updated as done on  Roku servers.  Please do let me know if you have any further info.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last update on the app was 2012, therfore that is the issue as the software is outdated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found out how it works now after buying a Roku box, but it will also probably work on NowTv box as well.  

1. Install the Yupptv App

2. Launch the app and select the channel you want to play

3. Select subscribe and it will take you to screen with Roku code

4. Call or Web Chat with yupptv rep, tell them your ID you are registered with on thier website and the roku code that is generated on the screen.

5. They 'd ask you to subscribe, but you can request a trial to see if it works and subscribe later if you ar happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just bought a Now Smart TV box and faced the same issue. I downloaded the Yupp TV app and went to a channel I wanted to watch/chose subscribe to get an activation code. I do have an active Yupp TV subscription. But the YuppTV website did not let me link this code to the device.

It turns out the only way to do it currently is by calling Yupp TV customer service. Its working now.