cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glitterfox
Mentor

Help connecting ro android bush tv

Help! I have an android TV and now tv broadband how do I get now tv on my tv please? Ethernet cable, mirroring, apps, haven't a clue. Tv has Hamilton and scart connections.

Thanks v much Sam

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Glitterfox 

Are you trying to get the internet working between your NOW Router and Bush Smart TV because none of the Smart Apps work such has YouTube etc.

Or are you trying to find a way to watch the NOW streaming TV service on your Bush television? 

Glitterfox
Mentor

Hi the 2nd one to stream to my bush tv. I have now tv broadband n other devices like chrome book, amazon fire and phone. I was wondering if I can use those and how to stream it or should I just buy a roku stick or ethanet cable. The easier option and cheapest would be what I need. If you can help that would be awesome! Thanks Sam 😊 

Glitterfox
Mentor

Tv had HDMI and scart lead connections.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Glitterfox 

If you have an Amazon Fire stick already you should be able to download the NOW app.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Glitterfox
Mentor

Hi I don't have a firestick so was wondering if I can connect with the devices I already have as in my phone, chrome book somehow as I have now tv broadband. The TV has a hdmi and scart connection. I don't want to buy another device if I can connect with what I have you see. Thanks 😊 

RoyB
Legend

An Ethernet cable isn’t going to get you any further forward 😢

Roku Sticks and Express devices are good, but they can’t compete on price with what Amazon are offering Firesticks for, over the next couple of days, if you have Prime, so best to act fast and order one.

A lot more reliable, and a lot less faff than casting, and it won’t tie up your £x00 phone doing it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all

just a heads up that you get Amazon prime day deals . If you have Amazon prime a Roku express 4K can be had for £19 on Amazon that it's for today only (12th of July 2022), I just ordered one myself

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Glitterfox 

You need to use the supported devices on the link that @gavs82008 posted.

If your Android Smart TV has the inbuilt Google Cast feature, then you could try casting from the NOW App on your phone or tablet to the television.

Recommend to cast first before hitting play on the NOW App.

The inbuilt Google Cast feature on Android is not officially supported and it may or not work.

On my Philips Android TV the last time I checked a couple of months ago it was broken.

If you haven't got anything suitable on the link list, then a Roku or Amazon Fire Stick would be the cheapest way forward.

If you have Amazon Prime, then the Amazon Fire Stick Lite is currently on sale for £12.99 for Prime Members.

Glitterfox
Mentor

Thanks yeah I've brought a amazon fire stick lite as cheap as chips atm. Cool 😎