cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview play issues on andriod TV

My broadband service commenced today, I have connected my android TV to the router but for some reason its seems like either location or content restrictions are blocking Freeview Play, BBC iplayer, ITV Hub etc... 

I have managed to remove the adult content restriction via Buddy, but it didnt solve the issue. 

Can anyone help please? frustrated this occurs on on a Friday!!

Many thanks. 

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any Apps like BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub etc are saying you are outside the UK or using a VPN ?

Use this website link tool below to see if your Router IP address is located within the UK.

https://www.whatismyip.com 

If it's says unknown or outside the UK, maybe your Router has automatically acquired a rouge IP address.

For the Router to automatically acquire a new IP, unplug the power to the Router for around 20 to 30 minutes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks,IP came back as local about 15min from where I actually am. I will try the router reset now for 20mins. Kind regards.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it says you are located within the UK, then i wouldn't bother unplugging the power to your Router.

Have you tried a Network reset on your Freeview Play TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It must be something to do with location strictions, because tetehring my phone works fine. Also, laptop connect to the router stops location too. 

The Now customer service seems useless, this is the first time I've switched away from BT and I'm not happy already.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that's the case maybe try the 20 minutes power down on the NOW Router or hold in the reset button on the back of the Router for 15 seconds.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing you could try is on the NOW Router webpage settings temporary disable IPV6 to see if this makes any difference.

If not, enable IPV6 again on the Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I will try that... I did log into the router earlier but couldnt see anything obvious. 

Many thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching the IPV6 off worked. Is it an issue, leaving that open? Thanks for your help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be honest i am spitballing.

Hopefully somebody on the Community Forum who is more IT knowledgeable than me will come to your rescue.