cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

FBI warning when accessing YouTube app!

This is happening on my NOW TV Smart Stick, and appears to be a Roku issue: https://www.cnet.com/news/roku-devices-hit-with-massive-channel-outage/

DdRu3PHU0AArCvw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chai

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, hopefully this should be resolved as part of the daily system update. 

If not you can also force an update by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now for a software update, which I can see has already been suggested by @schnapps so hopefully you're back up and running. 🙂 

Any questions please give us a shout. 

Karl

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

YouTube is working fine on my roku 3 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @chai

Might be worth trying a forced software update by going into the secret menu by pressing the Home button x 5, FF x 3, RW x 2 quickly to see if there is an update and even if there is not a new software version available still update the existing software to see if it makes any difference.

This Roku support service status update might not be the same or only relevant to full blown branded Roku devices ?

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360004335034

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chai

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, hopefully this should be resolved as part of the daily system update. 

If not you can also force an update by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now for a software update, which I can see has already been suggested by @schnapps so hopefully you're back up and running. 🙂 

Karl

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @chai

Karl

@Karl-F @schnapps @chai @Anonymous User this issue didn't just affect NowTV hardware . It affected standard Roku hardware as well. Both YouTube and Netflix were affected. As soon as I realised Netflix was I knew Roku had an issue at their end . It was fixed rather quickly. By yesterday morning it was fixedSmiley Happy

I do find it rather amusing that an FBI message can appear on Roku when you're in the UK. Shouldn't the message really be coming the U.K.'s Justice Department/police

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@

I do find it rather amusing that an FBI message can appear on Roku when you're in the UK. Shouldn't the message really be coming the U.K.'s Justice Department/police

@commanda6 That's what I thought too haha. I've seen it on the odd dvd I have bought as well. I haven't had this pop up on my roku though. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂