cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT33
Advocate

Error Code Ovp_00012

Hello,

I can't stream content on any of my devices using my home wifi connection. I'm in the UK, but I'm getting the Ovp_00012 error message saying that streaming is not permitted in my country.

My IP location is UK, I have checked this is showing correctly using various geolocation services. I'm not using a VPN. Have tried resetting the router. Other streaming services are working fine. 

Tried Now TV's chat support but it was unhelpful and basically told me to go away and find a way to resolve the issue myself. When I asked for an email address to make a complaint, I was given an out-of-date email address for a mailbox that is no longer monitored.

I am pretty sure this is a problem on Now TV's end. I can see that this issue has come up on the forum before. But I can't see how it was resolved...

Anyone able to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MT33 

If you have already tried unplugging the power to your Router for around 20 minutes for it to acquire a new IP address location (even if the current one says location in the UK).

Then perhaps contact your ISP provider and ask them can they generate a new IP address their end on your behalf.

If I can remember rightly a while back TalkTalk or it might have been another ISP, there was a batch of IP addresses that was saying in the UK but the NOW system didn't recognise them and the ISP resolved this by issuing a new IP (though I haven't seen anybody else so far report this on the NOW Community forum or over on NOW Twitter in the last 48 hours about error code OVP_00012 so I doubt this is the case in this instance).

Also I am assuming this has only happened recently and for example you haven't moved from say Republic of Ireland to the UK or sourced any NOW playback devices from Republic of Ireland if you are in the UK. 

Another thing that resolved this error in the past was to update your bank card details on the NOW system, but this was a technical glitch NOW's end when we was in the EU and some customers used their devices whilst away in the EU and had to update their card details on the NOW system to clear a similar message, though this shouldn't be the case anymore because UK customers can't stream NOW in the EU since leaving the EU.

Do you have Mobile internet data and if so has a temporary test, see if you can wifi hotspot it to your NOW playback device to see if you can get past this NOW error message.

What email address was you using, where this email address on the screen shot below should get through to NOW.

Or use the web form on this link below to raise a complaint.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@MT33 

Turn your router off for 30 minutes, which should be long enough for it to be allocated a new IP address.

Now do sometimes take against legit UK IP addresses for no particular reason that customers can see.

While the router is off, briefly check that you can watch Now on your mobile phone OK.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MT33 

If you have already tried unplugging the power to your Router for around 20 minutes for it to acquire a new IP address location (even if the current one says location in the UK).

Then perhaps contact your ISP provider and ask them can they generate a new IP address their end on your behalf.

If I can remember rightly a while back TalkTalk or it might have been another ISP, there was a batch of IP addresses that was saying in the UK but the NOW system didn't recognise them and the ISP resolved this by issuing a new IP (though I haven't seen anybody else so far report this on the NOW Community forum or over on NOW Twitter in the last 48 hours about error code OVP_00012 so I doubt this is the case in this instance).

Also I am assuming this has only happened recently and for example you haven't moved from say Republic of Ireland to the UK or sourced any NOW playback devices from Republic of Ireland if you are in the UK. 

Another thing that resolved this error in the past was to update your bank card details on the NOW system, but this was a technical glitch NOW's end when we was in the EU and some customers used their devices whilst away in the EU and had to update their card details on the NOW system to clear a similar message, though this shouldn't be the case anymore because UK customers can't stream NOW in the EU since leaving the EU.

Do you have Mobile internet data and if so has a temporary test, see if you can wifi hotspot it to your NOW playback device to see if you can get past this NOW error message.

What email address was you using, where this email address on the screen shot below should get through to NOW.

Or use the web form on this link below to raise a complaint.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg