cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eleven Sports App on NOW TV

HI, do you know if any Now tv/sky ppl are trying to get a Eleven sports app added so can watch the eleven sports channels via Now tv box/stick.

Would be better than watching via PC/phone/tablet. thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From what Eleven have been saying they have been trying to get carriage on Sky/BT/Virgin. No mention however on the likes of NowTV branded devices or the Roku devices upon which NowTV devices are modelled.I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting on one either.

Apparently they are working on Chromecast compatibility for Eleven Sports.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

HI, do you know if any Now tv/sky ppl are trying to get a Eleven sports app added so can watch the eleven sports channels via Now tv box/stick.

Would be better than watching via PC/phone/tablet. thanks

I've not seen anything specific to NOW TV devices but I did come across some mention of there being talk about an Eleven Sports channel (app) for Roku players and other streaming platforms (Smart TV's, Fire TV, etc.) in a recent post from a UK  blog. Here's a link to it:-

News Article RE: Eleven Sports Roku Channel

You will need to scroll down (about one quarter of the page) past the other Roku news stories but you will soon see various images pertaining to 'Eleven Sports' and, if you read what they've put, it seems that Eleven Sports are already "in discussions" about expanding to other platforms.

There is also mention of NeuLion, who provide the backbone for streaming Sky Sports Box Office, so there is an outside chance - because of their existing connection with Sky / NOW TV - that they will also have an app for  NOW TV devices but, ultimately, that would be down to Sky / NOW TV to decide - whether Eleven Sports would like it, or not.

@Anonymous User

The FAQ section of the Eleven Sports UK website includes the following information:-

Q. IS ELEVEN AVAILABLE ON SKY / VIRGIN / BT TV / AMAZON FIRESTICK / ROKU / SMART TV APPS?

A. We are in discussions with all major platforms in the UK and Ireland to offer you the widest possible access to our content. Although you cannot access ELEVEN on these platforms yet, we are trying to make this possible.

Link To FAQ Section of Eleven Sports UK Website

Also, while it is not (currently) possible to use a Chromecast device with the Eleven Sports mobile app(s) you can use the Chrome browser to "cast" a tab when streaming from their website. In this way, you can use the same credentials (from the app) to log-in via their website and enjoy upto 1080p Full HD streaming on your big screen television, as opposed to the smaller screen of a PC monitor / laptop display.

Hope that's of some use!