cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Download on the go

Hi ,

my issue is every time I try and download an episode to watch on the go says phone storage is full, yet I have 5 gb free space on iCloud and can’t find out how to switch it. I tried settings now tv doesn’t show up on iCloud storage options 

I have i phone 6

thanks in advance 

Sam 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding is that you can only download onto your internal phone inbuilt storage and i don't think using an external micro SD storage card or iCloud storage service will work with the NowTV Download service (might be wrong though).

I am guessing you are seeing the phone storage is full because the message relates to your phones inbuilt storage.

If you inbuilt phone storage is full too capacity can you transfer some of your other files to the iCloud to free up space to see if my above theory works ?

RoyB
Legend

If you are going to store it in, and pull it back from, the iCloud, you might just as well fetch it directly from NowTV’s servers when you want to watch it, mightn’t you?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps  @RoyB 

You know Sam

Having been with Now TV for few years now, and agreeing with Schnapps and Roy, that it's highly unlikely that any downloads would be allowed to be directed onto cloud storage.

You see, Now TV will not allow the slightest possibility that it's content could be pirated, and so allowing cloud storage is just too big of a risk.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

Actually, I was remarking on the essential pointlessness of downloading something, which is to avoid having to stream it at the time of watching, only to put it on a cloud service, from which you have to stream it at the time of watching.

Though if you went abroad, I suppose you could get it back from a cloud service, something you couldn’t do from NowTV’s servers if you were away.

But it becomes a completely legitimate question if you were trying to move it to local storage, like a NAS device.

I don’t think you could pirate it any more easily from a NAS device than you could from the device you had downloaded it on, though; I think the issue is one of control.

Downloads expire after 30 days, or 48 hours after you start watching them; to get this control, NowTV needs to know when you start watching (which answers a previous poster’s question about why you can’t watch downloads when completely offline).

And NowTV needs access to the downloads to delete them the next time you log on to NowTV on that device after the 48 hours or 30 days has elapsed. Which will be problematic if they are not where NowTV has put them on the device, but squirrelled away on offline storage.

Not of course that a moderately competent Windows user couldn’t clone their NowTV storage, download and all, from their laptop to offline storage, something we all do every time we use backup software.

But extracting the download into an unencrypted, DRM-free, playable file? That’s very advanced black hat stuff, if it’s doable at all. And then what? Put it on a skull-and-crossbones site, where all the existing 1080p versions will sneer at its inferior 720p? Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.