cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney+

Any news on when we can expect to access disney+?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It might take 24 hours for the App to be pushed out to customers NowTV branded devices (so be patient).

You could try a system update in the menu settings just to see if the App is idle there waiting to go into the Apps Store section on your box / stick.

Just one word of caution the old white nowtv boxes will not be receiving the Disney + App from what i have heard and currently it's only being rolled out to UK customers where Republic of Ireland customers will have to wait a little longer according to NowTV over on their Twitter feed.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem as @Anonymous User

Downloaded the Disney plus app yesterday but when launching it says it needs a update from sky, checked for system updates and it says its upto date last updated march 7th

I am using the black now TV box 4201sk

Any help appreciated thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you tried removing the Disney + App from your My Apps section, then carry out a fresh App install from your device Apps Store ?

Other than that try a forced up date in the hidden menu by following the instructions below (update the software even if you are on the same version number).

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

II've tried removing and reinstalling that app with the same output. 

I havent tried the other, I didn't realise there was a hidden menu.

I'll try shortly and report back. 

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

HI, 

So I've just done what you have advised and I still get the same message when launching Disney plus regarding the device requires an upcoming update from sky. 

Thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also just done a factory reset now and still the same. 

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The only other thing i could suggest is a full factory reset under the box Advanced System settings.

Factory resetting the box is a pain in the backside where you need to setup your box again from scratch and have to re enter all your account logins for various Apps etc.

Also it might take a while for the third party Apps such has Disney + to be added again on your box.

There is no guarantee that the factory reset will make any difference.

I haven't got the older black nowtv box in my setup anymore and haven't started the Disney + free 7 day trial yet where there is nothing on Disney that i fancy watching to be honest (apart from the Mandalorian which i will wait until Season 1 is fully uploaded on their service).

The Community is mainly used by users and if you have Twitter or Facebook NowTV Staff are more proactive over there, so you can make them aware of the problem you are encountering with the Disney Plus App.

If many more users come forward on the Community Forum about problems accessing the Disney + App, then it might be a similar issue that some Netflix users are encountering on the older black boxes where NowTV Technical Staff need to investigate and fix.

Sorry i couldn't help any further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for your help @schnapps

I did do a full factory reset. 

Upon setting it up after the factory reset the strange thing is, that it now installs disney plus as default when setting it up for the first time. 

But the app does not work it still keeps saying the device needs a update from sky. 

I can only assume that it does indeed need a firmware update that has still not been released but why have they added Disney plus if it does not work. It doesn't make sense. 

I don't have twitter or Facebook so I suppose I'll just have to wait until more people complain to get a result. 

I pay for Disney plus as we use it on out smart tvs but the device in question is for one of the kids bedrooms which unfortunately doesn't have a smart TV and I refuse to pay out money for a smart TV when the now TV box should be able to work. 

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try sending NowTV an email.

You should be able to reach out to them on customerservices AT nowtv.com (i had to use AT instead of @ because the forum software blocks people accidentally adding email addresses).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Thanks I'll give them a email now. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like somebody over on Twitter has the same identical problem with DIsney + on the older nowtv black box.

Screenshot_2020-04-25-11-52-35.png

NowTV Twitter asked the person for the serial number of the box (so if you are going to send them an email give the box information to them).