cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney+

Any news on when we can expect to access disney+?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It might take 24 hours for the App to be pushed out to customers NowTV branded devices (so be patient).

You could try a system update in the menu settings just to see if the App is idle there waiting to go into the Apps Store section on your box / stick.

Just one word of caution the old white nowtv boxes will not be receiving the Disney + App from what i have heard and currently it's only being rolled out to UK customers where Republic of Ireland customers will have to wait a little longer according to NowTV over on their Twitter feed.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am so sad that this isn't already available 😞 Very disappointed

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Over on NowTV Twitter they are still telling customers later in the Spring this year (who knows if they will still hit this time frame with the coronavirus crises happening).

If you can't wait go to the Disney + UK website help section to see if you own another supported device to watch Disney+ on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was guaranteed two weeks ago but their customer service agent that I would be able to download the app on my nowtv box in the app store, so I subscribed to disney+. Funnily enough it is NOT in the app store on the SKY NowTV box..

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Fellas

If you have a Roku streaming device then you can download the Disney + channel /app onto that device, I know because I have.

According to Disney's app, you'll get 7 days free trial and thereafter pay £5.99 per month.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully it will be added shortly, it really will make a difference as none of devices support the App apart from our LG TV downstairs, having the stick and black box support it will be fantastic.

Have there been any updates? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I forgot to ask is there anyway to side-load the App to the stick or boxes?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Chip

Now TV zapped that side-loading facility some three years back, i.e. back in 2017, ergo no more side-loading, ever.

B&W Face Palm.png

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you haven't got a smart tv,

would suggest buying a Roku box/stick it's far more versatile, you can get lots of other content as well as nowtv the nowtv box is made by roku, but has only nowtv software loaded to it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know, mate.