cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney+ App

I have two now tv boxes. One box had the disney+ app available for download but not yhe other. Why? And can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would the second box not showing the Disney + App in the App Store be the old white NowTV box by any chance ?

Where the older white boxes doesn't support the Disney + App 😠.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would the second box not showing the Disney + App in the App Store be the old white NowTV box by any chance ?

Where the older white boxes doesn't support the Disney + App 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah it is the older white box. Do you know why it isn't available on the older small white box? Seems a bit ridiculous to me. A customer of 4 years cant get the same services as newer customers because they have an older box? Just seems really unfair 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My guess the older white boxes haven't got sufficient processing power or inbuilt memory to deal with the Disney + App (it's the same for the Netflix App).

Apps are getting more power hungry in terms of required hardware performance and it seems the first generation white boxes can't cope.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is so annoying. My daughter cant even watch disney in her room because the after so many years the box isn't compatible. 

Thank you for your help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The white box is 7 years old now, in terms of technology that is a very long time indeed.

Unsurprising that it doesn't have the hardware to run a 2020 app. 

I went from a black Box to a Roku Express a few months ago and couldn't be happier. 

starman73
Elite

Get a black box ( eBay about £10  incl. postage) - you only need box & adaptor, You can reuse hdmi cable & remote.

or a stick (£20 with passes at Currys/Argos/Amazon) to replace the white box.