cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It now appears to be fixed.

It would have been nice if NOW TV had replied to tell us the status.

I even tweeted Demand 5 and they didn't reply either!

The NowTV box is a platform for the Demand 5 app so any issues with the app are to do with Channel 5. For example, normally one wouldn't expect Apple to sort out problems with an app that wasn't created by them,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since yesterday nothing will play on demand 5. All other catch up channels etc are ok.

I just keep getting a message saying try again later & thats it.

Anyone else got this problem?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Just turned on TV and checked - working fine for me.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Demand5 app isn't the most reliable of services. As a first step you could try rebooting your broadband router and the powering down the NOW TV box for a couple of minutes, then trying again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post

I have emailed you directly 

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven't been able to view anything in demand 5 for the past few days. I am able to search episodes etc but when I try to view them it says there is a technical error try later. I have taken the app off and reinstalled it but still the same. I am using white now TV box, all other apps working fine.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

I've just checked on my white box and Demand 5 seems to be working fine (X-Files episode 1 played no problems). Is it all episodes you try to play or just a particular one?

It might be worth rebooting your broadband router to see if that helps, and if not try a hard reset of your box (with box powered up press a pin into the reset hole on the back until you see the box restart itself. You'll need to re-enter your wifi and NOW TV account details)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy thanks for your suggestions, it is all episodes and all shows. I get into the app and can see all episode information  but when I try to view it says unable to view content please try later. I was able to view as normal up until 12th Feb but nothing since. I thought it was possibly linked to Demand 5 becoming my 5. I will reboot the modem and box as suggested and let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rebooting the now tv box with a pin worked - thanks for this info.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad to hear you got it sorted 🙂