cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply caseyb1993

No, I haven't tried live chat.  If this was a major problem then I would try it as a last resort.  However, as I believe the staff on these live chat lines just use a script, I doubt they would be able to advise anything that we have not already discussed here.

I have tried live chat (on other websites) in the  past and am not impressed!  In my experience, users on forums have far better ideas about how to fix things. Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Fair enough 🙂

I had to use O2 live chat but they didn't have a clue on what they were doing 😄

Hopefully a staff member may see this and advise you 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This is a bit of a long shot, but have you tried experimenting with the "Bit Rate Override " option in the NowTV box secret menu.

To access this option press Home key on remote  x 5, then RW  x 3, then FF x 2, where this menu should appear on your TV screen (mine is set to Automatic) but try different Mbps settings to see if that has any effect on the playback of the Demand 5 app.

Obviously the lower the bit rate the worse the PQ,perhaps try a mid range settings first and then work your way up the list. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

schnapps:  Many thanks for the idea.  Nothing wrong with long shots! Smiley Wink

I tried changing the "Bit Rate Override" from automatic to various options between 1.0 and 3.5 Mb/s (the maximum listed) but, unfortunately, Demand 5 was still reluctant to load.

The "throbber" just spins for ages as it loads the app and then either throws me back to the NOW TV "My apps" page or shows the following error message:

ALERT

Unable to contact server

Please try again

("OK" button)

After I reset the "Bit Rate Override" back to automatic, Demand 5 did eventually load properly and display the app contents.  This is the pattern with Demand 5 - it is very reluctant to load but, when it does, it plays back programmes correctly.

However, all the other apps and streaming channels basically run OK!

p.s.  I am still waiting for a response to the email I sent to Channel 5. Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

There's not much we can do for Demand5 as we don't look after the app or it's contents, all we can do is advise to do a software update  of the NOW TV Box and the rest of the forum have recommended everything else to you.

Just out of curiosity who is your ISP ? Do they have any firewalls or restriction in place ?

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Andy-S.

I appreciate that this problem is probably due to the Demand 5 app itself and I can confirm that my box and apps are fully updated.

My ISP is IDNet and they do not apply any firewalls or traffic management of any kind.

Not to worry... there isn't much worth watching on Demand 5 anyway!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,
My demand 5 app on now TV box has stopped working. I have had to watch any catchup on my phone which comes up as my 5. I can't find my 5 on our box? Does this mean you no longer support their app?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It would appear that there's already an Is Demand 5 working? topic about the same issue 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Now TV

Can someone please explain why there are missing episodes on catch up?

I'm currently watching American Horror Story Asylum and the only episodes available are 1 - 4 then from 10 - 13 SEASON 2???

I know they're are some complaints going around about now TV but if someone from now TV could explain the rules of how this works customers could at least plan in advance regarding their favourite programmes. 

If this is an error than as a customer who's paid for the hardware i'd also like to know.

Otherwise i'll be returning the product and forewarning others to avoid purchasing the product. 

Earlier today i had to revert back to my laptop to watch episode 3 season 2 because it froze on the now tv box. did so all day.

if i have to use my laptop repeatedly i'm not sure what the point of the now tv service is?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards

Anna

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User    I just did a search of Now on two devices but could not find your program anywhere so looked on google and found this.  http://www.channel5.com/show/american-horror-story-asylum  The program is on channel 5, I am guessing you have been using their demand service. So you will need to ask them why you cannot watch programs on their service.  I know Now has its faults but can't really blame them for issues with third parties.  Apps other than Now App on the box are third party apps so you need to speak to the companies responsible if you need any help.  This website may be of help, though I did find it on Google so you may want to search for yourself https://faqs.channel5.com/hc/en-us/articles/202636262-How-do-I-contact-Channel-5-Viewer-Enquiries-

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.