cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is Demand 5 app going to be updated and change to My5 on Now TV Smart Boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haven't been able to watch big brother since Friday, adverts work then just buffering, tried several different episodes but still nothing, I have removed and re downloaded the app and done a hard reset but still nothing

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, adverts all play, then just buffering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, the service is working direct from the internet.

However it doesn't work work from the Raku stick or direct from my Sony Smart TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having problems with demand 5. it wont play any programmes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Welcome to forum

As you probably know Demand5 is a Channel5 app and not provided by NOWTV - it's a Roku app

I use Demand5 a lot and it does sometimes have a mind of it's own with bad buffering at times

Try deleting and reinstalling the app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply and advice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 app just keeps saying cannot connect to server after running with the spinning wheel for starting.

On both my NowTV box and my Roku box.

Cannot play it on my Android as that does not run flash 

But oldly it will work in edge on my windows 10 PC.

Have tried reboot through black box setting but still same problem. I am on originbroadband.

Anyone know the solution?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered with the Demand 5 app. Can you please try uninstalling the app from your box and then re-adding from the channel store. 

As you are experiencing this issue with demand 5 on a number of devices, you may want to get in touch with them in order to get this look into further. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well have emailed Demand 5 several times with all details of problem full spec of box etc.  No reply received. Rang twice before Christmas only to get line closed for staff training.

The problem of cannot contact server still comes up if I try to watch on Roku or Now TV box . Have reset, reinstalled rebooted to death the devices.  Every other TV services works no problem.  I have even googled and checked my ip is showing as UK which it does (somebody suggested this check on the web). 

Yet Demand 5 will work on the same internet on a windows 10 laptop, on a Android Cubetalk 7 c8  Phablet, Android 4.4.   Both connect and play no problem!

Demand 5 refuses to load on a Advent Vega note 7"  Android 5.1. The demand 5 app says it is not available for this device.

Same with a AK802   Android Jelly Bean mini PC .  Which can play all other TV apps iPlayer, ITV hub etc.

Demand 5 is just a pain in the rear full stop!

Demand 5 is the only service provider I know who seem to try to make it as hard as possible for customer consumers to actual watch or use their service.  What a stupid Business model.