Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Demand 5 only plays adverts just buffers on all programmes 

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working since yesterday lunchtime - plays adverts, then the wheel just goes round and round and round and round and round!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My demand 5 not working plays adverts then stops 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem accessing Demand 5 on my white box.

I am also having the identical  problem with Demand 5 via Freeview Play on my Panasonic HDD recorder, so this is not solely a Now TV problem, but is presumably related to Demand 5.

Denand 5 works when viewed via the website on my laptop though. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 plays adverts then just buffers and won't play the program. Very annoying and only happens on Demand 5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought it was just me. Sat through shedloads of adverts for nothing. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

What nowtv device are you using, a white, black, smart Freeview, smart 4K or smart stick ?

The Demand 5 App seems to be playing fine on my nowtv 4K smart box.

Have you tried some of the basic stuff, like reboot both the router and nowtv box or stick by disconnecting the power for 30 secs.

Check for any software update on your nowtv device by going into the settings menu.

Removing the Demand 5 App and then re install the App again from your box / stick Apps Store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a black Now box and I've tried all of the above, rebooting, reinstalling, updating - nothing helps and NOWTV on FB  say its a Demand 5 problem, yet its playing on every other device I've got, just not the NOW box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not working for me either, on a Black box. Several Twitter users are reporting problems with Demand Five also. Hopefully C5 are aware and will fix soon.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Just dug out my old black nowtv box and Demand 5 is streaming fine for me over Ethernet on NowTV Fab Fibre.

Wonder if it's possibly an ISP router related conflict when using the Demand 5 App on NowTV boxes or stick ?

Out of curisoity who is your ISP to see if there is a pattern emerging or not ?