cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
mark_suff
Expert

@Anonymous User @schnapps

According to Channel 5 there has been an "incident" at one of their streaming providers data centers causing streaming services to go offline, they have engineers working on it.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mark_suff wrote:

@Anonymous User @schnapps

According to Channel 5 there has been an "incident" at one of their streaming providers data centers causing streaming services to go offline, they have engineers working on it.

I hope so, I have the Wentworth Prison finale to catch up on. 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you mark_stuff
Anonymous User
Not applicable
https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/212113525-Widespread-outage-of-Channel-5-online-services... Not the first time this kind of incident has happened, always worth checking in future.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like it's been fixed over night as just checked and seemed ok Smiley Happy

mark_suff
Expert

Just confirming what the nadger said, just had a quick look and it's back now.

@Anonymous User Seeing as last outage seems to be the same issue maybe they should look at changing streaming providers or doing it themselves, now they're owned by Viacom they hardly strapped for cash these days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Impossible to watch anything on there......just buffering, I think it's buffering as there is a swirly thing on my screen.
It's the only channel I have any problems with and I've given up trying to watch anything that's on there.
Any solution to this, it's not my connection as my signal is excellent where my nowtv box is situated
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What type of NOW TV box do you have?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box.]
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Impossible to watch anything on there......just buffering, I think it's buffering as there is a swirly thing on my screen.
It's the only channel I have any problems with and I've given up trying to watch anything that's on there.
Any solution to this, it's not my connection as my signal is excellent where my nowtv box is situated

Hi @Anonymous User

Channel 5 were having problems last week. Perhaps they're still having issues

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/03/my5-fault-affecting-programme-playback.html

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why does demand 5 not work? It's buffering constantly