cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried this and got into all sorts of problems because I couldn't remember my password and had to reset it and then I couldn't log into the box - spitting feathers.

And after all that...it still tells me it cannot contact the server - I've deleted it and reinstalled, hard reset the box - why can't I connnect?  I did earlier in the week. 

Seems to me odd things happen to this network and there aren't actually any answers other than there it's probably NOW TV with a problem which they will never admit to - they do something at their end - and suddenly things work again - and they still blame us.  So irritating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/212113525-Widespread-outage-of-Channel-5-online-services-Saturday-10th-September

Channel 5 are currently experiencing widespread outages their end. Always worth a look there in future because this isn't the first time their data centre has gone into melt down.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Does anyone else have a problem with demand 5 not loading. Takes ages, then says unable to connect. Or if it does load and I watch something it freezes repeatedly. Only have an issue with demand 5, I player and itv player and 4od are fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

There's not much we can offer in terms of troubleshooting for 3rd party apps other than asking you to try a hard reset.

If that doesn't help you may want to contact "5" about this.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is anyone else having an issue with demand 5? Been trying to load it all morning, and just keep getting an alert saying cannot connect to server please try again. I've restarted the box, to no avail. Everything else is working fine. It really is one of the worst apps. Can hardly ever get it to work
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

My5/Demand5/Channel5 are having technical difficulties. See https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209332205-Widespread-outage-of-Channel-5-online-services for details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb @Anonymous User

Just checked using NowTV box and got Demand5

Also worked using Roku HDMI Stick

Yesterday evening tried 3 devices and got error message.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

As of 10:58 this morning, they are still saying there's a problem. Maybe they just haven't got round to updating their status.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my demand 5 hasn't worked for a few days. I've reset box and deleted the app and reinstalled it but still nothing. Has anyone got any ideas please

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A bit of a long shot, but you could try a forced software update by following these instructions linked below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box