cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Can't pause/rewind etc Demand 5

Works fine on my black box. Paused a program actually left it overnight whilst watching other stuff and when I put the box back on it was still paused and played no issue.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote won't pause or FF or RW on demand 5

I have to press back button to try to pause the TV as it does not respond to FF, RW or pause, only had a few days and the other day went to watch games of thrones and it wouldn't load any of them- is this really worth it?

0 Thanks
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: now tv remote won't pause or FF or RW on demand 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is a known bug with the demand five app on NowTV/Roku kit. Unfortunately it's not down to NowTV to fix it. Fixing it is the responsibility of Channel 5. However, that being said demand five is slowly being phased out and replaced with my5 so hopefully when NowTV/Roku kit switches to my5 this issue will be fixed. We can but hope.

When this issue occurs and the playback controls don't work. If you want to pause the program you're watching, press the back button once the program will be paused for you and  a dialogue will appear asking you if you want to exit the program. to unpause the program just highlight and press the cancel button on the dialogue. Alternatively, if you choose to exit the program you're watching. When you play the program again. It should carry on from where you left off and the playback controls should work again. But unfortunately the issue is likely to re-occur regularly.

In regard to playback of game of thrones episodes. What error message if any are you receiving when you try to play episodes? Is there a particular episode you're having an issue with or is it all of them?

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 cannot connect to server

My demand 5 app is not working at all, after removing app adding app, turning off and resetting, software updates, wireless reset, exhausted all
Options it is still not connecting to server' I'm so annoyed as I just want to watch big brother. I'm gonna cancel my entertainment pass becuz the only programme I like on it is Geordie shore ...
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: now tv remote won't pause or FF or RW on demand 5

thank you kindly for taking time to explain, finger's crossed for my5 🙂

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Demand 5 cannot connect to server

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We're really sorry to hear that. Have you spoken to Channel 5 at all to report this? - as this is a 3rd party app NOW TV is not connected to their service and we simply host the app on our box.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Demand 5 not working

I have tried removing demand 5,  rebooting and reinstalling  as suggest, butit still does not work. It says "unable to connect to server" . All other channels work fine.

0 Thanks
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

There are a couple of steps you can try to solve this issue.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
allypally
Scholar

Demand 5 not working

Is anyone else having an issue with demand 5? Been trying to load it all morning, and just keep getting an alert saying cannot connect to server please try again. I've restarted the box, to no avail. Everything else is working fine. It really is one of the worst apps. Can hardly ever get it to work
0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

My5/Demand5/Channel5 are having technical difficulties. See https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209332205-Widespread-outage-of-Channel-5-online-services for details.