cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We're really sorry to hear that. Have you spoken to Channel 5 at all to report this? - as this is a 3rd party app NOW TV is not connected to their service and we simply host the app on our box.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Demand 5 app is not working on my now TV box.

I've tried rebooting the box but it keeps saying it cannot find the server.

Can anyone help ?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Try seeing if the app has a new update: 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks have tried that but it is still not working.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Okay, you say you have rebooted the box, do you mean restarted it or done a hard reset?

This may help 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone watching X files season one on demand 5 , if so have you noticed that the episodes are not in the right order of viewing ??? Watched up to episode 8 where sculls gets attacked but on episode 9 she is ok and nothing about the stack ??? Disappointed that they are not in the right order 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Demand5 aren't actually showing the first season of The X-Files, it's a collection of different episodes from across different seasons, which they believe represent the best episodes, so unfortunately they don't follow on from each other.

It is a shame that they show Duane Barry on its own though as this was a 2 part episode with the storyline concluding in the 2nd season episode Ascencion.

I notice episode 18 of their collection is the sixth season episode Triangle though, which is one of my very favourite episodes, worth a watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Channel 5 mentioned on their facebook that the selection was the chosen by the creator Chris Carter. He had a limited number of picks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

Demand 5 on my white NOW box allows you to choose a program. But when you wait for it to stream all you get is the spinning wheel of doom. Waited for over 5 minutes to see if anything appears but just getting the spinning wheEl and a black background.

Can someone look into this please.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Demand5/My5 is a third party app so you'll need to speak to Channel5 about it. 

I've already reported the issue myself, but the more who do should put some pressure on them.