cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried any of the other free apps to see if you get the same issue. If so, you may want to check your connection speed. If not, there may be an issue with Demand 5 specifically in which case, you'll need to contact them directly for more help. You can do this by clicking here: 

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200848082-How-do-I-report-a-problem-with-a-Demand-5-app-

Thanks

Bisa

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is demand 5 going to change to my5 soon on the Nowtv box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is demand 5 going to change to my5 soon on the Nowtv box ?

According to the link below, IOS & Android devices are currently being updated with the new My 5 TV app.

It also mentions in the article that other platforms such has smart TV's, game consoles, set top boxes etc to follow in the coming months, with no dates given unfortunately.

I am sure the NowTV box would have the My 5 app added in a similar time frame to the other platform devices above.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/136705-demand-5-is-dead-my5-is-channel-5-s-new-catch-up-service

Anonymous User
Not applicable
When is it going to be on the NOW box?
Date please.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
When is it going to be on the NOW box?
Date please.

@Anonymous User Since NOWTV didn't make the app, it isn't up to them to update it. Channel 5 are responsible for it so maybe try contacting them.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
BicBasher
Elite

The Channel 5+24 channel is becoming My5 soon, so this may be the time when Channel 5 update the GUI of the app.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to press back button to try to pause the TV as it does not respond to FF, RW or pause, only had a few days and the other day went to watch games of thrones and it wouldn't load any of them- is this really worth it?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is a known bug with the demand five app on NowTV/Roku kit. Unfortunately it's not down to NowTV to fix it. Fixing it is the responsibility of Channel 5. However, that being said demand five is slowly being phased out and replaced with my5 so hopefully when NowTV/Roku kit switches to my5 this issue will be fixed. We can but hope.

When this issue occurs and the playback controls don't work. If you want to pause the program you're watching, press the back button once the program will be paused for you and  a dialogue will appear asking you if you want to exit the program. to unpause the program just highlight and press the cancel button on the dialogue. Alternatively, if you choose to exit the program you're watching. When you play the program again. It should carry on from where you left off and the playback controls should work again. But unfortunately the issue is likely to re-occur regularly.

In regard to playback of game of thrones episodes. What error message if any are you receiving when you try to play episodes? Is there a particular episode you're having an issue with or is it all of them?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you kindly for taking time to explain, finger's crossed for my5 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My demand 5 app is not working at all, after removing app adding app, turning off and resetting, software updates, wireless reset, exhausted all
Options it is still not connecting to server' I'm so annoyed as I just want to watch big brother. I'm gonna cancel my entertainment pass becuz the only programme I like on it is Geordie shore ...