cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User just to let you know I'm not having any issues watching the X-Files on Demand 5 today. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello artesea, I can also see the X files now too. Thanks for letting me know.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 wont pause/rewind etc. Is anyone else having this problem? And does anyone know how to fix it. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry, we can't troubleshoot for 3rd party apps.

Other than asking you to try a hard reset there's not much we can advise.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for help. Unfortunately it didn't work completely, it was ok to pause once but wouldnt pause again. Will have to contact them direct. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
From my observations it seems to be caused by a failure to load & play the ads. So it could in theory happen 2 or 3 times during a whole episode playback. Did you try exiting and re-loading a second time? I know it's a pain! I forgot when answering I watch Neighbours most often on Demand Five which means only one potential ad failure.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This happens to me often. Exiting the program and re-loading (it will resume very close to where you left) usually restores functionality.
Legend 5
Legend 5
I wonder if it is because demand 5 is becoming My5 . I wonder when the app will be updated.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Personally I doubt it, Demand 5 has historically been plagued by such errors. I do hope things improve with My5 although I don't hold out much hope.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After the NOWTV box updated to v 7.0 build 9593 on 28th April 2016 I found that the pause function button no longer worked on BBC iplayer. Only way to pause is to press the OK button twice. Has any one any idea why this has happened? I only found out by much button pushing how to pause. Is this now a general problem with other apps?