cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would also point out I put my original post and reply in the wrong section as I have the black HD box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can only appologise for the trouble that your experiencing with Demand 5, however as @Karl-F has mentioned they aer best placed to answer your query.

NOW TV have no control over the app as we only host it on our platform.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone advise me how to download demand 5 from my nowtv box I have deleted it before and reinstalled but have forgotten how to?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Demand5 doesn't show in the Streaming Channels store on the NOW TV box so you will need to do a factory reset of the box, which is a bit of a faff as you have to enter all your details again but if you want to then ...

From the NOW TV homescreen, go to Settings, then System, then Factory Reset and finally Factory reset everything.

once you've pressed the Play/Pause button three times as prompted your box will reset itself. You'll then have to re-enter your wifi network details and your NOW TV account details, but at the end of it you should have Demand5 back again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tried that and it's not working any other ideas please? It wouldn't work before then I deleted it n reloaded it again and was working perfectly then stopped
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Do you mean the app has now installed but it's not working properly, or the app hasn't installed?

I've checked it on my box (deleted the app, factory reset the box to reinstall) and the Demand5 app downloaded fine during the setup process, so it might be worth trying again.

Make sure you do a factory reset, not just a restart as that won't do anything. The other way to do a factory reset is to push a pin into the reset hole in the back of the box while the box is on, and keep it pushed in until you see the box restart itself. 

If the app has appeared but isn't working, try to describe what the problem is and someone might know how to solve it.

Might also be worth checking on the following list to see if you have any other devices that you can watch Demand5 on

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200809631-How-can-I-watch-Demand-5-

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Demand 5 not working and won't load. All other apps fine but this is a new box and recently installed yet won,t work. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is there a general problem with this app or if it's been removed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had issues with the Demand 5 app. Can you have a look at this thread where a customer had the same issue and found a solution.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Just clicked on your link and it tells me that I do not have sufficient privileges so may be a staff link

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the heads up. It was just a simple step that helped anyway. @Anonymous User steps are below

I'd suggest going into Channel Store, removing the Demand5 app, rebooting, then reinstalling Demand5

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team