cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Crashing on iOS 13.6 since latest update

I updated the NOW TV app to 10.14.0 on my 2019 iPad running iOS 13.6 and it keeps crashing when trying to open it. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling, but the issue persists. Any advice? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Checked NowTV on the previous NowTV release on my 2016 iPad Pro on iPadOS 13.6 - running fine. Updated to 10.14.0; still running OK, though I only tried it for five minutes or so.

So not a universal problem....

Try uninstalling the app, powering down the iPad, waiting two minutes, powering up again, and reinstalling the app. What you did before, but maybe you didn’t include the power down? That might help.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried that and didn’t work. It might not be universal, but it could affect the non-Pro iPads. If someone with the same device doesn't experience the same issue (almost instant crash), then I’d try restoring the device.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

My iPad has just offered me 13.6.1, the seemingly inevitable codicil to every Apple point release.

It might be worth downloading that and trying it, before going much further.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The issue was fixed after the update, thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same issue with 13.6, updated to 13.6.1 and the Now TV app is still crashing during start up. Glad I am not paying for a service.. oh hold on, yes I am.