cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confused! Does Broadband package include TV?

I've just placed an order for the £26 Now TV Broadband and phone offer. I'm completely confused now, as after reading the emails I've received from Now TV it appears this doesn't inlcude any form of TV...? We have an aerial and Freeview already, but the signal is poor. What do I need to do to get the TV sorted too please? Do I need to buy some sort of box or stick? Sorry to sound thick but this is all new to me as in the last house we just had Virgin for everything and I left it all to them to sort out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When using a NowTV entertainment pass for example, you can register a maximum of four supported devices and watch on two streams at the same time.

So yes you can have more than one TV in the house to watch your nowtv entertainment pass if your TV's either has the nowtv inbuilt App or you have a supported device connected to the TV's.

Please note, that Freesat boxes don't have the NowTV App, so they are not supported for watching with your nowtv passes.

Here's a link for supported nowtv devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With the £26 offer you have bought the NowTV Broadband & Telephone package only which will come with a NowTV Router.

If you wish to watch NowTV with any of their TV packages, then you need to buy an entertainment, cinema, kids, sports or Hayu pass.

The nowtv pases don't include over the air Freeview channels, so you would still need either a Freeview device via a TV aerial or FreeSat via a Sat dish for the terrestrial TV stations.

Should you be interested in watching NowTV with their passes, then you will also need a supported playback device.

More info here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. We are really after the terrestial channels. There is already a Sat dish attached to the house - would I be able to use this for Now TV do you think? The previous occupants had Sky. Many thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are only interested in teresterial live TV channels such has BBC, ITV, Channel 4 etc, then you don't need to buy any nowtv passes or own any nowtv supported devices.

If you are in a poor Freeview coverage area using a TV aerial, then FreeSat would be an option if you have a Sat Dish fixed at your property.

With regards to your existing Sky Sat Dish, then in theory it should work with a FreeSat Box (depending on the state and condition of the Dish and wiring left by the previous occupants).

Where if the FreeSat box doesn't work when connected to the Sky Dish, then you may have to call out a TV / Satellite Dish Installation Engineer to get the FreeSat box to work with the Dish at your home.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are thinking going down the FreeSat route, then maybe do some research on the internet so you are more clued up on how the platform works.

Here's a link to the main FreeSat website to get you started.

https://www.freesat.co.uk/why-freesat/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you I will do that. Just one more question! Does the Pass (e.g. the Now TV Entertainment Pass) cover more than one TV in the house?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When using a NowTV entertainment pass for example, you can register a maximum of four supported devices and watch on two streams at the same time.

So yes you can have more than one TV in the house to watch your nowtv entertainment pass if your TV's either has the nowtv inbuilt App or you have a supported device connected to the TV's.

Please note, that Freesat boxes don't have the NowTV App, so they are not supported for watching with your nowtv passes.

Here's a link for supported nowtv devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had the same thing happen to me. I paid for TV, Phone and Broadband... Only to find out that the tv doesn't actually include TV.... unless a separate tv box is purchased! 

Cancelled before going live and reassured of a full refund. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am like you but haven't been fully connected yet.

I now understand that the broadband is just a hub and streaming device to watch things from an app on your phone or tab etc, there is no tv on the hub itself it.

We are now going to buy a now tv box with channels on it that we will be able to see on our TV