cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast

Hi,

My Now TV used to work on chrome cast. Am I correct in guessing the reason this is no longer working is because Now TV have launched their stick? 

If ANYONE is still getting nowtv on chrome cast, please help! The little bubbles come up on the tv when I try to load it from my iPad but then that's it. The show won't load on the tv. YouTube, ITV player, etc all load though. Just now tv not working.

I have turned on and off, the tv, the chrome cast, factory reset the chrome cast, removed the chrome and my iPad from now tv and reconnected, logged out and back in to now tv app and nothing is working.

Appreciate any help! Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The Chromecast is still a nowtv supported device, so no worries there.

I haven't used a Chromecast in a long time and can't offer much advice apart from try deleting both the Google Chromecast App and NowTV App and re install them again from fresh on your casting device.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2998456?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=1

If you are on BT Broadband and using a BT Hub router make sure that smart setup on the hub router is disabled.

Hopefully Chromecast users on here with offer you more advice and guidance on a fix.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User

I’ve helped few people with issues using chromecast, didn’t need to turn off tv or remove devices from your account, all have to do is as follows close down NOW TV app , close down Google Home app , restart your router/hub once hub back on and ur iPad connected to WiFi check if chromecast logo come up try tap cast log wait few seconds then try cast something from NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Thank you for your advice but it's still not working.

It's so frustrating I really don't know what else to do! Any other tips?

Could I contact now tv direct do you think? It's definitely not the chrome cast because everything else is working and it does get the now tv bubbles on the tv just nothing loading after that.

Kerrie
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User

What chromecast device are you using is it chromecast 1st or 2nd because I’ve checked mine and it’s casting okay why not uninstall app for NOW TV then reinstall it , but if you contact NOW TV via live chat they just tell what I’ve told you or could ask them delete your devices try again with that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Sorry for such a late reply but that's because I have been enjoying my chrome cast with Now tv! Finally! Thank you for the deleting the app idea, that worked.

Thanks again!
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User

That’s good you sorted your issue and if happens again you’ll know what to do now.