cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting to Google Nest Hub

Casting from my android phone to Chromecast is perfect, however when I cast to my Google Nest Hub the picture only fills about 75% of the screen, leaving broad black borders along the right hand side and bottom of the screen. Can anyone explain this and offer a solution? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Ian

Your Google Hub is not a Now TV supported device, check out this URL:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-tv-on-my-device

It is unlikely you will get any help from Now TV but maybe another forum user can help you.  However, you have to understand, and accept, that Now TV will eventually zap any unsupported feature that is on their streaming devices.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi UKBob

Thanks for your reply. Hadn't thought of my Google Hub not being a
supported device, but there it is.

Cheers

IanB
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User there is already a thread running but as of yet no solution. To be honest, I don't think there is one.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Now-TV-Cast-to-Google-Home-Hub-Not-Fullscreen/m-p/528997

As I understand it, you are simply mirroring your phone's screen so will not get the picture any bigger - the information sent by the phone literally says "my screen is this size" and that's what the nest has to display. As an example, here's my TV with my phone mirrored/cast. No amount of changing settings on the phone or TV changes the size of the image. I'm not even able to change the orientation.

IMG_20210117_133442.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I'm not simply mirroring my screen, NOW will not
allow my phone or tablet to do that - I'm using the on-screen cast
facility. Another respondent has suggested that the problem exists because
the Google Hub isn't a supported device.

It appears there might not be a solution to this issue at all!

Cheers

IanB
ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976  &  @Anonymous User  for info

Hi Saint

Silly question time, do you think that there is gathering support, among forum members, to have Google Home Hub added to Now TV's list of supported devices?

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

@ukbobboy you can't. Home hubs aren't like tablets or phones in that you can't add apps to the hub.

It's simply an electronic personal assistant with a display.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976 

Cheers Saint

I didn't know that, I presume then it would take a major over haul to adapt the Hub to accept any kind of apps.

Interesting.

UK Bob