cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t access sky news app

Every time I click on the sky news app it tries to access then throws me back to menu .. if updated settings to make sure I’ve the latest updates .. I’ve rebooted both the router and the box, removed the app and re added if still throws me out 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in same position, reset my black box to factory settings, nowtv software is up to date and the sky sports app is up to date, says loading gets to sky sports splash screen then back to main menu.

London region

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The Sky Sports News App is working for me on my NowTV 4K box.

I am assuming you have an active NowTV Entertainment, Cinema, Kids or Hayu Pass if you are not currently subscribing to Sports ?

What happens if you go to the TV Guide and select Sky Sports News from there, does SSN play ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do have active  entertainment package.

N.b. This is for sky news

Yes can access from entertainment guide, thanks!

However, access via sky news app is more direct, from switch on, but not working at the moment

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you use Twitter, then drop NowTV a tweet about it, where NowTV Staff are more proactive over there or send them an email on the address shown on the screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that I can access it  through the entertainment guide .. seems the app is defunct now 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like the glitch on the Sky News App is fixed now (well it is working for me since i checked this morning 😊).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I'm OK on the app. Thanks for update, saved me contacting customer services today

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Sorry i missed read the posts (thought it was Sky Sports News 😠).

My bad.

Edit - The Sky News App doesn't work for me either 😡.

Saint1976
Elite 3

It looks like the sky news app is now defunct (it's not working on either of my boxes) as it's moved to the entertainment package.

On the basis a TV guide is on the home screen, it's as quick to access from there as the stand alone app.