cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband problems

I cant get on my apps on my tv and other diverse I have re-booted the box but still nothing I had a new connection for the phone line and broadband since then nothing 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does your internet work on other devices like mobile phones, PC etc ?

If you are using a NowTV box and if everything is jumping back to the My Apps section etc, then if you are having problems accessing your NowTV Passes then try going into NowTV on your box via the main search button on your box home screen.

Apparently there is a major bug on the NowTV older boxes on a number of customers nowtv accounts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Somethings are working but not all the time my tv is a smart tv 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing with your LG or Samsung Smart TV you have unplugged the television at the mains for about a minute to see if that stabilizes the internet connection ?

On your NowTV Hub Router does all the three green lights on the front of the Router remain constantly on or does the middle internet light change colour ?

I am guessing you have tried holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for about 15 seconds ?

Have you checked all the wiring between the Router and master BT telephone socket and have you tried removing the micro filter that came in the box to see if it made any difference.

If you are getting wifi drop outs rather than a loss on internet then maybe try these instructions below to see if it improves your wifi performance.

After you have made the changes you will have to reconnect all your devices again over wifi (start with the 2.4ghz wifi band).

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

Apart from that, you will need to speak to the NowTV Broadband Team.

There should be a telephone helpline number for NowTV Broadband customers to call (though expect a long waiting time to get through to them due to the coronavirus pandemic).

You should find their telephone number by going to My Account > Broadband & Calls whilst logged in with your Broadband account sign in details.

The telephone number can be found in a number of places but the easiest place would be the Moving Home section and keep clicking on it until a number appears on screen.

The moving home number is their standard number for all related Broadband & Phone enquiries.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It changes I have not tried that I am on the phone to them now 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done I reset it thank you