cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BritBox

Just like Netflix is an app on Now TV even though Netflix is a separate subscription !  I want to ask if there's any possibility of Now TV being able to offer BritBox as an app too ?  Again BritBox will a separate subscription! 

I hope it happens !

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, please can we get this question to higher level and find out if BritBox will be included in the subscription.

Regards, MateSun

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Britbox won’t be coming to NOW TV Stick or Box for ages yet how not even on Roku Boxes or Sttick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BritBox is available as an app for Roku in the US. It's ridiculous that they haven't made it available in the UK. Clearly the app exists and only needs minor modification to be issued here.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Britbox App is now available in the UK on the full blown Roku Players 😀.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/britbox-uk-finally-available-on-roku/ 

AndyB52
Scholar

I have since switched from my NOW stick to a Roku Express (which I was reluctant to do as Roku outputs everything at 60fps which makes watching live sports juddery) just so I can use my Britbox subscription on the Roku. However, I also have the boost package  (mainly for 1080p ) which when used with either a Roku express or stick, solves the judder problem. I've watched a few football games now on the Roku and it seems fine. Think I'll stick with the Roku until NOW decide to add the Britbox app to their app store. Can't see why they can't now seeing as Roku UK have it and it would be a great addition to NOW devices.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have both the Roku Express and Roku Stick Plus and the main advantage on the Roku Stick Plus is the Adaptive Frame Rate which works a treat on NOW, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, YouTube and will match the native frame rate of the stream.

Where the Roku Express forces everything to output at 60hz.

Netflix used to also work with the Roku Stick Plus with regards to the Adaptive Automatic Frame Rate where the movies was outputting 24fps, but has been broken for a long time now and everything is forced at 60hz  😠 (like my Roku Express).

ukbobboy
Legend

@AndyB52 

Hey Andy

Just to let you know, NOW doesn't make or sell streaming devices anymore so when the current models wear out there will be no replacements.

However, as far as we know, there will always be Roku devices and you can always buy  Amazon fire devices as well, although at the moment you can only run NOW on the Fire sticks.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The BritBox website Help section is a bit slow in updating their supported device list, where there is no mention currently has of the 8/9/2021 of Roku devices (though these devices are now supporting the BritBox App in the UK).

Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-07-12.png