cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Best streaming device for picture quality? Especially live sky sports

My nowtv stick is fine, the Sky Sports picture quality is very good, but I prefer to have an ethernet connection. 

My youview box is connected by ethernet but the picture quality is noticeably worse than the nowtv stick and I find it cumbersome to use.

My LG TV and Xbox one are connected by ethernet, but neither do 50 FPS on Now TV (which imho makes all the difference, live sport in 24 fps is almost unwatchable).

I could buy a NOW TV smart box, but they've been discontinued and it seems silly to hunt for a piece of kit that's been phased out.

This leaves the Apple 4K TV box and the Firestick 4k stick (with ethernet adapter). 

Does anyone know if either of these produce a better picture (especially with live sport) than the nowtv stick?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have both devices and IMHO the firestick is ahead of the apple tv,as it is better with the boost pass,and the picture quality is slightly crisper,especially watching sports,hope that helps!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have both devices and IMHO the firestick is ahead of the apple tv,as it is better with the boost pass,and the picture quality is slightly crisper,especially watching sports,hope that helps!!