cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bbc I player

I have a now black box and problems with bbc I player. It us very slow to start then it ays for a couple of minutes then flips back to the beginning again. It does this over and over until I turn it offf in frustration. Tried rebooting the telly, wifi and now tv box but it is the same. Havent been able to catch up with any of the bbc dramas. The itv hub, channel 4 replay and channel 5 replay all working andoading quite quickly. Has anyone else had this problem? Need help b ecause not too savvy with these sort of technical issues?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Might be an issue at the BBC servers end.

You could try removing the BBC iPlayer App on your nowtv box by going to the My Apps section and highlight the BBC iPlayer App then once highlighted press the star button on the remote and select the remove App option.

Then i would disconnect the power to the box for say 30 secs, then re start the box and go into the Apps Store of the box and re install the BBC iPlayer App to see if it makes any difference.

If that doesn't work perhaps try a forced software update on the box by following step 6 of this trouble shooting guide and maybe a reboot of your router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is there any plans to update bbc iPlayer app on now tv smart boxes with freeview and 4K and sticks to version 4 or above so we can catch up on hd streams also is there any new features on it way.