cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Terrible human interface in the box. Real abuse of the customers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Less of a UI issue with the box and more to do with how important the BBC feel getting to the live streams are.

Anyhow if you've got a mobile/laptop on the same wifi as the box you could bookmark this page

www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/remote/bbc.php

You'll need the box ip address but you can find that within the Settings -> About, then it's just a click away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I watch a programme on iPlayer on my black box and then click on a second programme it freezes. The only button on the remote that then works is the home button. So if I want to watch multiple programmes from the BBC on my NowTV box I have to use the following method:

Home

Select iPlayer

Select and watch one programme

Home

Select iPlayer

Home

Select iPlayer

Home

Select iPlayer

Home

Select iPlayer

Home

Select iPlayer

Home

Select iPlayer

Home

Select iPlayer

Annoying, isn't it?!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am getting the same issue. I can watch one programme but when I go to select another one, it freezes and I have to press the home button and start again. Only happens with iPlayer.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you guys tried deleting and re-installing the BBC iPlayer app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue - very annoying. I have tried deleting and re-installing but has not fixed it. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same issue - very annoying. I have tried deleting and re-installing but has not fixed it. 

Out of interest. Who is your ISP?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I currently have a white now TV box & the performance of BBC iplayer on it is awful. It freezes, audio plays & the picture plays catch up, trying to get the screen to move backwards from a selection is also a major issue. Is there a fix for this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  I'd suggest deleting the app switching the box off & on at the mains for 20s & reinstalling it.

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and runningSmiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi kpark76

I use the BBC iplayer about 5 - 7 times a week and about a couple of weeks back using the iplayer, on my white box, became very glitchy, that is the picture would stop for a few seconds but the audio would continue as normal then the picture would speed up to catch up with the audio.

This "glitch" would happen 3 - 5 times during a half hour period but, I must admit, I thought this was probably a BBC problem rather than a Now TV box problem.

That problem has now gone but some other little annoyance have popped-up but nothing that interferes with my enjoyment or the white box's main functionality.

I don't really know if there is a solution as you now have this "glitch" problem and my glitch problem has vanished, there has not been any updates to the white box and I don't know if BBC is looking into this but your  problem could vanish just as mine has.

UK Bob