cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Search on a lot of apps needs improving to be honest, but if you don't ask you don't get. Get in touch with them here

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/faqs/forms/?eid=comment_appreciation&id=N2JTNNA2TKDHC81RRPR48CDB7G&mid=contact&uid=120131319

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The URL given for Complaints is TYPICAL BBC. You answer questions about the type of complaint, then get dumped back into Help with a "Go Away" comment.

I have no idea after messing with the BBC site for 20 minutes how to make an actual complaint, other than calling on the phone and trapping a human.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

As the feedback relates to I Player it's best to go through there: https://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/forms

I find that form by going to I Player website - Help - Programme Issues - Contact Us for something you don't see here.

Then use the form which is not limited to programme issues.

In regards to your issue, maybe the search is not configured to find Live programmes. A suggestion for the BBC then if that is the case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, you must know the programme thread name, e.g. Arena.

Just searching for "Dylan" does nothing.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

I think you might be onto something @Anonymous User I've never seen iPlayer search find programs that are currently being broadcast. I'm not even sure if NowTVs search function in the NowTV app brings programs that are currently being broadcast.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From HOME, what's the fastest way to get to latest BBC News ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you have a NOW TV (branded) box you should be able to see/install a BBC News 'tile'?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I see the tile but it has stories, not "Current BBC News channel"

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I see @Anonymous User,

So you require quick access to the BBC News 'live stream'? As far as I'm aware this is only possible through BBC iPlayer!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It sure would be nice not to need 15 actions etc just to see the current news, so I was hoping there was some tricks I had missed