cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you....bk to normal now and bk to finishing watching the remainder of Eastenders.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  if you go on to the iplayer app you can watch from the beginning and not miss any.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I removed BBC iPlayer app as could only get the live stream - all the catchup programmes wouldnt load.  I tried to reinstall the app but all i get is the white circle for a while with the words 'adding app' butthen it goes back to the Add App screen and doesnt add it.  Any ideas what I can do to get it on?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Is the box a fair distance away from your router? Could be that the box is getting a poor signal, resulting in it not downloading the app properly. Make sure the box is in an open space, not tucked behind or under the TV, or on a crowded shelf. Sometimes moving the box from one side of the TV to another may help, or a different place one room, cables permitting. Also if you have the black NOW TV box, connecting via an Ethernet cable would help, although this often isn't practical if the router isn't nearby. It's also possible that changing the wifi channel on the router may help (if it's set on auto then rebooting the router should make it select the current best choice).

If this doesn't seem to help, or you know the box is getting a strong reliable signal, try a hard reset of the box. Wiith the box powered up insert a pin or bent paper clip into the reset hole at the rear and hold in until you see the box reset. You will need to re-enter your wifi and NOW TV account details afterwards. The BBC iPlayer app will be downloaded as part of the reset process.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  Thanks.  I reset the router and when it booted back on, there was the BBC iPlayer App! 

BTW  the router, box and TV are all on a unit close to each other.

Thanks for the help.

Daisy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I searched BBC iPlayer tonight for these:

Dylan

Bob Dylan

No way home

etc Variations

Yet currently on BBC 4 was: Bob Dylan: No Way Home

How are we supposed to trust BBC ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately you need to search for the correct name of the show, it doesn't pick up on searches for descriptions, actors etc. The show was called Arena, so if you do a search for Arena now it will show all episodes, including the two on Bon Dylan available to watch.

If you hadn't already noticed, the BBC iPlayer app also lets you watch a live stream of whatever is currently airing, you'll find the live streams by going to the Channel section, choosing the channel you want to watch and you'll find the live stream on the left.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello, the 1960s are calling. They are not impressed with your failure to include the episode titles in your database

Crazy. It will cost them 0.01 pence extra to include the episide title in search.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  please keep in mind that Now do not control the BBC....... or BBC run apps.   Feel free to complain to them of course.  After all they should be spending our licence fee better  😉

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is complaining to BBC a waste of time?