cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

All apps I want to navigate to can be got ok EXCEPT...

Thanks @Anonymous User, that's interesting to have confirmed.

Another question... Since the NOW TV boxes recent software update, is your white box now passing a 50Hz/PAL video output via its 'analogue' (yellow) video connection?

I have not checked and wont be able to do so, BUT the TV can figure it out being of good Qual and on AUTO. I can see soldering the triple plugs to a scart plug would be problematic, as different cables specify different composite/sound/ grnd formats ... I have just had to juggle the plugs input to the TV. Is the problem that of an HDMi cable provides feedback of a protected rights nature but the triple A/V arrangement does NOT... IF so why the BBC getting involved in monitoring IT.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As previously mentioned by @Simon-J, the BBC are aware there's an issue with their app with their app.

If the issue turns out to be specific to the old 'white' boxes only, it will be interesting to see how quickly it will be resolved...

By the way... Have you got one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scart-Adaptor-Phono-Sockets-Audio/dp/B000L1LY58

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I have not but will look into it,

the BBC server can be simply programmed to redirect our NOW box URL request to the right place and figure it out afterwards what causes it in the first place

This all takinf too long

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, i've just come on here since my BBC iplayer app infuriatingly isn't working on my box (which has never had any Plex or other stuff loaded onto it). But a few weeks ago my box did start running in PAL which was handy, as i was having to run it through my VCR/DVD/HDD box to convert the NTSC signal before, so i thought i should chip in here since that's being asked about.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

But a few weeks ago my box did start running in PAL which was handy, as i was having to run it through my VCR/DVD/HDD box to convert the NTSC signal before, so i thought i should chip in here since that's being asked about.

Thanks for the confirmation @Anonymous User Smiley Happy

andrew1066
Mentor

I've got two of the white boxes and an old tv with triple a/v plug/sockets and no hdmi lead.

I got the 404 thing on one of them. I tried the other one and it works!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@andrew1066 wrote:

I've got two of the white boxes and an old tv with triple a/v plug/sockets and no hdmi lead.

I would try it again if I were you - mine seemed to be working one day then the next day it didn't work (though then did get it back working after doing a factory reset)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@andrew1066 wrote:

Yes looks like one of them isn't  online long enough to get the latest update (automatically) and will work until ... but see next poster has a temp solution (his factory reset must strip out the current update(s). my factory reset didnt result as I prob. did an update b4 trying it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a white NOW box and tried removing then reinstalling BBC iplayer; this did not cure the problem and neither did any of the update or restarting options in the Settings menu. Finally I chose to dothe 'Factory Reset' option from the menu. This worked and the iplayer works again and continues to work after several days.

Incidentally; don't forget to take note of your username and password for the NOW registration before you do this reset or you will have to re-register which is a pain and requires your credit card details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And it hasnt worked for me

Factory reset and ensuing update/download

No furher update as version 2.3 iplayer showing

Still doesnt work

So as of 15th April 17:58 Not working

Are there any reports from others in similar situ.

Other than this the DOUBLE HOME in menu has GONE back to normal