cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scotty - just a thought.  I have 2 white boxes. My other box runs iplayer just fine.

The box I'm having problems with is the one I had Plex sideloaded onto. A friend showed me how to do it so I could listen to music files from my laptop in bed on my big old telly!

Now tv have just wiped plex from the box and apparently withdrawn the access to dev mode.  I'm pretty sure that when the cheeky b*ggers snuck in and tampered with the box, they screwed up something within the iplayer app.  Apparently, Plex is off the nowtv buddy list. I'm not going to go there - its an argument for proper geeks not pillocks like me.

I've tried factory reset, reinstalling, and all the usual gubbins.  Still nowt, and still looking for a fix. Bottom line is, I think nowtv broke it. 

I wonder, did you have something sideloaded?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

The original 'white' NOW TV boxes were launched back in July 2013. How long have you guys had yours? Nothing lasts forever, perhaps it's time to upgrade to the much faster (dual core) 'black' box!

If you're still interested here are some direct links to a couple of Argos 'bundle' product offers: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh....please. Thats so helpful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why on earth would anybody claim that post a success! 

Now i'm sorry, but its the principle of it. I'm well aware that I could go and buy another box, but why the hell should i?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

We're aware of issues with the iplayer and have raised this off to the manufactuers of the app.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie, 

It's two days since your message about problems with BBC iPlayer, any news, what's the latest?

It's very frustrating not being able to catch up with BBC programmes!

Cheers,

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So frustrating! Why isn't iplayer working?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

As Eddie has posted, NOWTV are aware with the problem. Since it is a third party app made by the BBC, it is up to them to provide a fix. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sufficed to say, as all these third-party apps get more sophisticated with each update, they in-turn require more processing power in order to run smoothly.

I can confirm that there are no problems running the BBC iPlayer app on the more powerful NOW TV 'black' box 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

go to load iplayer and it come up with error 404 ?  i.e wrong address or page moved?