cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Ive no idea about the talks/licencing but if that was the case then i doubt it would work for anyone, so i don't think that is the reason.

I take it you are still having problems? Is it a Black nowTV box or White one?

Did you try what @Anonymous User suggested above? I have had problems with BBCiPlayer, Youtube and Vevo in the past in the exact way as you describe. But i have always been able to resolve it by simply going into the settings and clicking 'restart'. Rob-T's method would be more failsafe as it will force the apps to re-install fresh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a note there is a board for NowTV Box problems which is where you could've put this issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is being looked into by senior support.

All reset things have already been done to no avail

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just a quick thought but do you the correct BBCiplayer installed? Sounds daft, but there are actually two you can install. Both have same icon/logo. One works, while the other never has done, it just opens then closes.

This caught me out once as I uninstalled the default one to trouble shoot something and then reinstalled the wrong one.

Long shot, but thought it was a mention just in case.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hmm, actually forget that. If you have done a hard reset it should of force the default correct one back on anyway..
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

pmonline72,

As far as I can see you've not mentioned the make/model of playback device you're using?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes same problem

also crashes or locks up mid program

not a speed issue as 210 mb broadband;

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User which device are you using black or smart box? For smart press button underneath until resets, for black box press in pin hole until resets  If is not a Now box you need to contact the makers of that device concerning updating apps. If it still doesn't work then I would suggest you contact BBC.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Black nowtv box
Have already tried resetting several times
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I simply watch BBC programmes at minimal or no cost?  Can I access freeview? Can I watch Create and Craft? If so, How?

thanks