cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Legend 5
Legend 5
Use the IPlayer app. You will get BBC 1 to 4. You can even change the setting to pick up TV elsewhere eg Wales.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This NowTV guide article linked below explains about a TV license using the NowTV service.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/TV-Licence

No live Freeview channels on the current NowTV boxes (however keep an eyeout for an official announcement coming out at the end of this month). : Smiley Wink

Like 4268 mentioned, there are the BBC, ITV, All 4 and Demand 5 apps that are available on the existing NowTV white and black boxes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I habe a monthly entertainment pass..accidentally pressed bbc iplayer when browsing channels it came up for a few seconds. Am I going to get charged extra for it as I dont see it on the list of channels on the package. How come it appears on my home screen?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Don't worry clicking on any of the Free to air best of catch up services on the NowTV Homepage such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 or Demand 5 won't activate any new NowTV passes that you need to pay for or be charged extra.

You can use these services for free including these dedicated apps in the My Apps section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers. Much appreciated
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A few days ago my BBC iPlayer app stopped loading all programmes, both live and catchup.  I now get an error message 02001 "Something went wrong loading this programme".  I have tried reinstalling the app and a full factory reset of the box without success.  All other catchup apps (e.g. ITV, 4oD and Channel 5) are working fine.

My NOWTV box is connected via ethernet to a Linksys E1200 router (DD-WRT), which connects to the internet using OpenVPN.  I have tried connecting the NOWTV box to a different router (without VPN connection) and get the same error message.  BBC iPlayer continues to work fine on my desktop PC and other devices in the house.

Any ideas much appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

As BBC iPlayer is a third-party app, I'd recommend getting in touch with BBC direct. They have a live chat service available 4pm-midnight.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/connected/nowtv/

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Does anyone have issues watching programmes on the I player?? For ages now, it either won't load, or keeps crashing. Get a message saying something went wrong. Internet connection is fine, signal is excellent. Can stream now tv channels live with no issues. Have updated the box, Uninstalled the app and reinstalled.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous User

The BBC iPlayer has been revamp and is currently in Beta. I'm sure you can switch back to the old version in your iPlayer settings somewhere? Hope this helps...

Steven_keyte
Mentor

Anyone else experiencing a problem accessing BBC iplayer, from the smart box home screen -> my apps -> BBC iplayer displays BBC iplayer splash scrreen then a white screen with'502 bad gateway' and 'nginx' at the top of the screen, only wayout of the screen is to press the home button on the smartbox remote control

Steve