cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: tv Re: Apple TV app

Shocking.  Tonight I tried to watch second episode of American Horror Story 1984. 

1) The app keeps logging me out 

2) Ep 2 shows on my iPhone and iPad but is not showing on Apple TV app 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Truth is

they are intentionally trying to force you buy their box

otherwise you can’t explain how an app can be in beta for more than one year...

for sure they feel weak with respect to Netflix, Amazon and in the near future Disney and maybe even Apple that does not limit to a specific device

in fact there are now tv for Samsung and LG which are not considered a competitor

0 Thanks
Highlighted

@fbadini 

What does in fact there are now tv for Samsung and LG which are not considered a competitor mean? A competitor for what? NowTV is hardly competing against itself now is it? Tell me what I'm reading the wrong way from your statement.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Samsung and LG are not offering any service like Neflix/Amazon

You don't usually upgrade your tv very often

While you can buy a cheap hdmi stick and plug into a tv... "consuming" one port for a device which can only display Now TV programs.

So you may get used to see Now TV instead of other

If you provide an app for a "general purpose" box... a box you can change more often than a tv, you can be superseded by just ... a click

So if you think your catalog/offer is weak... you can try to lock people via other means, e.g. creating hurdles in changing the content provider

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Instead of buying a NowTV branded stick (powered by Roku) you could buy a full-fat Roku instead, thereby making more use of that hdmi port with all the added services the Roku platform provides, without diminishing the NowTV app in any way.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I've just purchased a 4K Apple TV and set it up all my usual apps which function well but now TV app is terrible. Even at this stage I can't add anything to a Wish List and there is no way to remember what I'm watching other than write it down onto a piece of paper even at this stage which is quite ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that it's even in this state still. Netflix and Amazon have good apps but the NOW TV one is shockingly disappointing.  I'm happy to subscribe to NOW TV providing the app is good but as soon as I finish watching the walking dead I'm cancelling as soon as possible and I will just return once a year to watch the walking dead.

If NOW TV sorted things out I'll be happy to stay for significantly longer periods of time. I think I'm being realistic in that I don't expect NOW TV to offer 5.1 sound or 1080 picture quality (even though Netflix, Amazon & and Apple TV+ offer this for the same price or less) I'd  just be happy enough if the app was like the one I had on my older Roku 3 box.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

There’s hope, an app is live in Ireland:

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/now-tv-ireland/id1190333186

No word on UK tho..

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I watch 99% of my NowTV content on my Apple TV. It’s such a pain to have to:

1. Open the app and see it there’s a new episode. if there is...

2. Search for it on the Apple TV app. 
3. Watch the episode. 
4. Play the episode I just watched on my phone and skip to the end so that is shows as watched in my Watchlist. 

Besides being a bad user experience for years, it can’t be helping their stats if every episode I watch shows as being watched twice!

0 Thanks