cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV app

Just purchased Apple 4K TV and saw it had the nowtv app which was great everything on one box except the app doesn’t have any of the capabilities of the nowtv box, the main annoyance is my list where it keeps track of what you watch and you can easily see new episodes.  Before I dig out the box and set that back up again what is the chance that the app will have the same functionality as the set top box anytime soon? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Beta Trial is still ongoing, It hasn’t been canned at all. Unfortunately these things take time, the sooner the general public are given the app the better.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung and LG are not offering any service like Neflix/Amazon

You don't usually upgrade your tv very often

While you can buy a cheap hdmi stick and plug into a tv... "consuming" one port for a device which can only display Now TV programs.

So you may get used to see Now TV instead of other

If you provide an app for a "general purpose" box... a box you can change more often than a tv, you can be superseded by just ... a click

So if you think your catalog/offer is weak... you can try to lock people via other means, e.g. creating hurdles in changing the content provider

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Instead of buying a NowTV branded stick (powered by Roku) you could buy a full-fat Roku instead, thereby making more use of that hdmi port with all the added services the Roku platform provides, without diminishing the NowTV app in any way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just purchased a 4K Apple TV and set it up all my usual apps which function well but now TV app is terrible. Even at this stage I can't add anything to a Wish List and there is no way to remember what I'm watching other than write it down onto a piece of paper even at this stage which is quite ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that it's even in this state still. Netflix and Amazon have good apps but the NOW TV one is shockingly disappointing.  I'm happy to subscribe to NOW TV providing the app is good but as soon as I finish watching the walking dead I'm cancelling as soon as possible and I will just return once a year to watch the walking dead.

If NOW TV sorted things out I'll be happy to stay for significantly longer periods of time. I think I'm being realistic in that I don't expect NOW TV to offer 5.1 sound or 1080 picture quality (even though Netflix, Amazon & and Apple TV+ offer this for the same price or less) I'd  just be happy enough if the app was like the one I had on my older Roku 3 box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There’s hope, an app is live in Ireland:

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/now-tv-ireland/id1190333186

No word on UK tho..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch 99% of my NowTV content on my Apple TV. It’s such a pain to have to:

1. Open the app and see it there’s a new episode. if there is...

2. Search for it on the Apple TV app. 
3. Watch the episode. 
4. Play the episode I just watched on my phone and skip to the end so that is shows as watched in my Watchlist. 

Besides being a bad user experience for years, it can’t be helping their stats if every episode I watch shows as being watched twice!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I feel the same...it’s the reason I got Apple TV HD cause it allows me to have all the apps I want in one device....since now tv stick has been out of stock for awhile...and it’s not like you can stream it by connecting your phone/laptop to your tv...it’s the only app that doesn’t allow you to...whereas Amazon Prime you can... NOWTV App on Apple TV does not have the same setup as when its access through an iPhone or iPad...is there any plan to make any changes or at least to have NOWTV App to be the same standard? Regardless which device it’s used - tv, iPhone, Apple TV, laptop, iPad etc....Apps such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+ are consistent in any devices it is access. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is only one way to find out and that’s sending an email to customer service. Address is in the picture below.

43E1C544-1327-44C4-95B6-3D021D29E5C9.jpeg

Having never used or owned a Apple TV I cannot comment on its performance or UI, however owning a Roku stick, Amazon Fire stick and also a Now TV stick. In my personal opinion I can safely say that Amazon fire stick is my device of choice, primarily for the access to my VPN app.

Also I have found that the device is far more reliable than Now TV sticks. Can also confirm that Now TV itself just seems to be much more reliable and performs better on Amazon Fire stick than Now TV or Roku sticks.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have come to the same conclusion. No end of problems with the beat version, gone back to the original app. Thinking its  time to cancel  now tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I came to use the now TV app on my Apple TV (gen4) with tv os 13. It seems that the app is no longer fully functional:(

the app is there, but once loaded it doesn’t seem to get data from the servers it appears 😞

all other streaming apps work fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased the Apple TV 4th gen box and was so happy to see it had now tv on with all my other streaming apps! However the app is awful! It expects you to remember what episode of what series you have been watching. I can’t see my watchlist so have to keep referring to the app on my iPad to know what I’m watching. It would be better if you could connect it to Apple TV app but that’s not possible either. The app needs attention.