cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppleTV2
Advocate

Apple TV app

Just purchased Apple 4K TV and saw it had the nowtv app which was great everything on one box except the app doesn’t have any of the capabilities of the nowtv box, the main annoyance is my list where it keeps track of what you watch and you can easily see new episodes.  Before I dig out the box and set that back up again what is the chance that the app will have the same functionality as the set top box anytime soon? Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Smackos
Mentor

Re: tv Re: Apple TV app

The Beta Trial is still ongoing, It hasn’t been canned at all. Unfortunately these things take time, the sooner the general public are given the app the better.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Ontheqt

tv Re: Apple TV app

Sadly, the Now TV app on Apple TV has been neglected by NowTV. It is almost as if they want you to buy now TV equipment as I'm sure they would have updated it at least once since 2015. I too own an AppleTV and happen to know that a beta app was to be tested late 2018 which would have brought new menus and 1080p, maybe even 5.1 sound, but sadly it looks like it may have been canned. You see if they were to bring this out, SkyQ would die a death rather quick. Lets face it why pay a tone of money for Sky hire equipment and pay for HD, high channel prices (most of which no one watches anyway). Nowtv need to get their act together, Netflix has 4k, Dolby Vision and Atmos sound on Apple TV 4K for the sum of £10 for movies and entertainment. 

Smackos
Mentor

The Beta Trial is still ongoing, It hasn’t been canned at all. Unfortunately these things take time, the sooner the general public are given the app the better.

View solution in original post

AppleTV2
Advocate

Looks like I will have to connect the old nowtv box back up then, thanks for the answers

0 Thanks
Booms16
Advocate

Any chance of the Apple TV app being made available here in Ireland? Our App Store doesn't even have the old app.

AppleTV2
Advocate

believe me, you do not want it - it is the worst thought out app ever, it forgets my password when I turn off Apple TV, has no watch list and is badly organised. I went back to using the stick in the end
Amylous003
Advocate

Re: Apple TV app

I have just purchased the Apple TV 4th gen box and was so happy to see it had now tv on with all my other streaming apps! However the app is awful! It expects you to remember what episode of what series you have been watching. I can’t see my watchlist so have to keep referring to the app on my iPad to know what I’m watching. It would be better if you could connect it to Apple TV app but that’s not possible either. The app needs attention. 

Highlighted
fsociety
Advocate

Is there any update on this?

The Apple TV app is shockingly bad! We need this update ASAP. 

llb1296
Advocate

I have come to the same conclusion. No end of problems with the beat version, gone back to the original app. Thinking its  time to cancel  now tv

PhilSaint
Advocate

I came to use the now TV app on my Apple TV (gen4) with tv os 13. It seems that the app is no longer fully functional:(

the app is there, but once loaded it doesn’t seem to get data from the servers it appears 😞

all other streaming apps work fine