cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV app

Just purchased Apple 4K TV and saw it had the nowtv app which was great everything on one box except the app doesn’t have any of the capabilities of the nowtv box, the main annoyance is my list where it keeps track of what you watch and you can easily see new episodes.  Before I dig out the box and set that back up again what is the chance that the app will have the same functionality as the set top box anytime soon? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Beta Trial is still ongoing, It hasn’t been canned at all. Unfortunately these things take time, the sooner the general public are given the app the better.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly, the Now TV app on Apple TV has been neglected by NowTV. It is almost as if they want you to buy now TV equipment as I'm sure they would have updated it at least once since 2015. I too own an AppleTV and happen to know that a beta app was to be tested late 2018 which would have brought new menus and 1080p, maybe even 5.1 sound, but sadly it looks like it may have been canned. You see if they were to bring this out, SkyQ would die a death rather quick. Lets face it why pay a tone of money for Sky hire equipment and pay for HD, high channel prices (most of which no one watches anyway). Nowtv need to get their act together, Netflix has 4k, Dolby Vision and Atmos sound on Apple TV 4K for the sum of £10 for movies and entertainment. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Beta Trial is still ongoing, It hasn’t been canned at all. Unfortunately these things take time, the sooner the general public are given the app the better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like I will have to connect the old nowtv box back up then, thanks for the answers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any chance of the Apple TV app being made available here in Ireland? Our App Store doesn't even have the old app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
believe me, you do not want it - it is the worst thought out app ever, it forgets my password when I turn off Apple TV, has no watch list and is badly organised. I went back to using the stick in the end
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any update on this?

The Apple TV app is shockingly bad! We need this update ASAP. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shocking.  Tonight I tried to watch second episode of American Horror Story 1984. 

1) The app keeps logging me out 

2) Ep 2 shows on my iPhone and iPad but is not showing on Apple TV app 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Truth is

they are intentionally trying to force you buy their box

otherwise you can’t explain how an app can be in beta for more than one year...

for sure they feel weak with respect to Netflix, Amazon and in the near future Disney and maybe even Apple that does not limit to a specific device

in fact there are now tv for Samsung and LG which are not considered a competitor

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

What does in fact there are now tv for Samsung and LG which are not considered a competitor mean? A competitor for what? NowTV is hardly competing against itself now is it? Tell me what I'm reading the wrong way from your statement.