cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossdunbar
Mentor

Apple TV Plus on NowTV Devices?

Hi,

So I see that Apple TV Plus is launching on UK Roku devices. Has anyone heard if the NowTV devices will also be getting access?

Ross

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd be surprised if it launches on the NowTV devices. Just look at all the other goodies you miss out on when buying an inferior product to a full blown Roku.

nickmorc
Expert 2

Rumoured to be coming to Amazon Fire Tv Stick.

rossdunbar
Mentor

Absolutely (and I do have a Roku in addition to my Now TV specific devices), but I've always assumed that the missing apps (like Amazon Prime Video) were left out because they were competitors to NowTV, carrying a lot of the same content.  As far as I can tell, the Apple TV would not be a competitor in the same way, with exclusive programming.

Netflix is on the boxes, but perhaps that had more to do with it appearing on Sky Q...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Apple TV+ app is now available in the Roku store, downloaded to my SS+ and works well. As others have said, I doubt it will appear on NOWTV boxes soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really do wish Apple TV+ would arrive to the now tv boxes or at least some other apps. To be frank Nowtv has a poor selection of apps.