cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App on Sony TV plays films in top corner of screen

I have installed the “Now” app (via the Google store) on my Sony TV and although everything looks fine, as soon as a film starts to play, it only plays in the top right quarter of the screen (leaving the rest of the screen black).

Reinstalling the app works for a short time, then the problem reoccurs. 

any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User without knowing the model of the TV there could be a couple of options.

Firstly, is it only films or does this happen on streams from entertainment or sport?

Secondly, have you tried changing the TV's display settings when this occurs? It sounds like the TV is trying to make the picture the best quality based on the signal it's recieving so a 720p picture on a 4k panel gets squished into the corner.

Lastly, Sony TV's normally have PIP (picture in picture). If you toggle it on and off does it change the size of the film?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Saint1976 

Hi GF

Personally, I know nothing about Sony TVs or, in general, Sony electronic products but if I were you my first port of call would be Sony support or help desk.

Also, my non-Sony TV has an e-manual installed on it, which helped me last week end to correct it's internal clock from BST to GMT, does your TV have something similar to an e-manual that you could refer to? 

NB, my suggestions are pretty general but hopefully helpful.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much. I’ll look at both your suggestion.