cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App not working on LG smart tv

Just had an update today on my LG smart tv, and Now.tv no longer working.  Checked to see if Now had an update... none.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How old is your LG TV, and is it running webOS?

The older sets 2014 and earlier with Netcast will shortly no longer run the NowTV app, as support for this old version is withdrawn.

But if it is a webOS set, delete the app, unplug the TV at the mains, wait two minutes, plug it back in, reload the app from the Store, and try again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

It’s a new tv, purchased last year. Everything was working fine till this
morning when the LG update kicked in, and I now can’t view Now and All 4.
Other apps like BBC have updated, but not these.

Thanks

Laurie
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried removing app, unplugging, reinstalling, still doesn’t work.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

OK, sorry then, but that was my best shot.

So it looks like the LG update ‘hard broke’ NowTV - and not just NowTV, if All4 got broken too.

In which case, you need to report this to LG; either for them to fix it, or for them to point out the failures in the NowTV and All4 apps to their respective developers, for them to fix.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.