cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crashing on Tablet

Help! Now TV app on my android tablet opens up then just crashes. I've tried uninstalling it and then downloading it again but no joy, any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity what Android tablet model number are you using ?

Bit of a long shot have you tried switching the power off on your tablet and Router for about a minute then switch them back on, give it about say 5 minutes to let the Router set its self up then try watching something on the NowTV App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70.

Tried switching both the tablet and router off, and leaving for a few mins, then installing the now TV app but, alas just the same. The app loads up and cycles through the start up and then it crashes. I'm thinking of trying a factory reset on the tablet?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You are not the only Lenovo tablet owner who is encountering issues with the NowTV App.

Here's one example linked below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Nowtv-app-Beta-for-andriod/m-p/510000 

If you don't mind the inconvenience then maybe try a factory reset on your tablet like you mentioned though there is no guarantee it will resolve it.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Check what the app thinks the time is. If it is an hour out, this will cause this.

If you can’t adjust the time itself, change to time zone to Ireland, or to Portugal, which has been known to fix it.

Though depending on what exactly the problem with the time is, it may get corrected by tonight’s switch back from BST to GMT, so you may have to reverse the adjustment tomorrow.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.