cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android download location

Is there a way to control the location for downloads for Android app. 

I have plenty of space on my sd card but can't find an option to select a different location. Internal storage is limited. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be worth dropping NowTV a message or speak to their online chat service from the link below for an official clarification about using the SD card to transfer downloads on your mobile device.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices 

Or like you said, download some Netflix movies or TV shows for watching on your long flight. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use a mobile device or the download service when using NowTV to be honest, however i don't think you can transfer the downloads onto an SD card (might be wrong though).

The reason i am saying this is because after reading the relevant help article there is a section that says.

"You can only watch your downloaded shows and movies on the device you downloaded them on. You won’t be able to transfer your downloads onto any other devices".

This above statement would imply to me that downloads can't be transferred to your mobile device SD card, otherwise you could pop out the SD card and use it on a different mobile device.

Here's the full help article about watching offline.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-shows-or-movies-to-watch-offline

RoyB
Legend

Hi @schnapps

You are probably right about not being able to download shows to an SD card; but I have a couple of devices with transferable media, where files will only play on the device they were recorded on, because they have been encrypted; and even on a nominally identical device, there is a key or serial number that has to match on both device and file.

Are NowTV devices individually identifiable by a serial number or such, do we know?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

I am not really that genned or clued up when it comes to using NowTV with mobile devices to be honest (apart from the general basics) Smiley Sad.

Maybe somebody in the know could answer the question (perhaps a NowTV Forum Staff member) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the replies

You are probably right it's a shame Netflix app has that option and as one of the posted replies it can only be played via the app. 

I certainly can't see an option and there aren't many to go through. 

Looks like I will have use Netflix for my 11.5 hour flight 😃 (Sshhhh....)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be worth dropping NowTV a message or speak to their online chat service from the link below for an official clarification about using the SD card to transfer downloads on your mobile device.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices 

Or like you said, download some Netflix movies or TV shows for watching on your long flight. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks alot will check out the online chat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The android app keeps saying check time and date on the device. Time and date are fine but the app just keeps repeating this message.  Driving me crazy

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Make sure your phone is showing the correct time zone and BST setting, not just the correct time.

One or two postings on here seem to indicate that NowTV may have ended BST prematurely, or decided Dublin is an hour ahead of the UK, or some similar error of one hour’s offset.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The nowtv app is generally poorly designed and badly thought out. The developers need to look at Netflix and Amazon, and then rewrite the pile of junk to a useable application. To answer your question, currently nowtv will only save to a default path, because the developers either didn't think things through or were under a time restraint and had to rush it through. Its a shame, really lets nowtv down.