Also, it says it has been checking every day for updates and is up to date 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Re: All 4 app not working

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @JD11 

The white boxes are first generation where they haven't got the processing power grunt of the newer boxes that are dual & quad core.

The white boxes tend to struggle with power hungry Apps such has Netflix, hence the reason maybe Netflix and the UKTV Play Apps are not available on the white boxes.

I might be wrong speculating it's only the white boxes effected when using the All 4 App.

All i can say is my smart freeview and smart 4K nowtv boxes are working fine with the All 4 App currently.

"I might be wrong speculating it's only the white boxes effected when using the All 4 App"

You might be onto something. We'll have the firmware versions looked into tomorrow.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Mentor

I did everything you suggested and still nothing. 

I guess this this is probably how all the owners of white boxes will be forced to buy a newer device.

can NowTv please advise us what we should do if the white boxes are not good enough anymore?

what is the most cost effective device to get and how to transfer over.

thank you 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @adi2007 

I would hold fire on replacing your white box and see if between nowtv & channel 4 Tech depts can come up with a patch fix (unless you want too upgrade your box).

The cheapest option might be this deal for £10 in the link below if you have a Curry's Store near you and trade in your old white box if you wish to upgrade.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Currys-50-Trade-in-Offer-for-selected-NowTV-Sticks/m-p/4...

When you setup a new nowtv device, just use the same account details has your existing white box and all passes on your account will be available to use on your new device.

Highlighted
Occasional Poster

version 7.5.3 build 4110-07 (or 0775.53E04110A build date 20180614 from secret menu)

All4 just causes box to go back to previous menu

Forced update didn't resolve issue

Highlighted
Mentor

I have just finished the webchat and was told "to be honest the NOW TV White Box was the first box that we had introduced. Hence it might not supported some of the latest features and updates".

They have upgraded me to the now stick with a 50% discount, making it £7.49.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I've had another webchat and they responded with " to be honest the NOW TV White Box was the first box that we had introduced. Hence it might not supported some of the latest features and updates".

So they have upgraded me to the now TV stick with a 50% discount. It is the best that they would do, when I said that it should be free.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Yes these are the sort of things that force you to upgrade. Did not know there was a web chat so I paid full price of £14.99 for the new stick. It is much better. Maybe I’ll see if I can get a free pass at some point. I suppose this means that they now won’t bother to fix as forced upgrades are a good source of new revenue. 

Highlighted

@Em5555 wrote:

I’m also having the same issue - very frustrating! 

Ive deleted the app and reinstalled it, switched the router on and off, checked the now tv software is updated but still no joy.  All4 won’t load and hasn’t done for almost a week now. 

Now TV when will this issue be resolved?

Im having the same problem!!! Very frustrating it works on the now tv firestick but won’t work on the white box in bedroom!!!!! Sort it out please !!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Hi I have the same problem the All4 app not working. Seems little point in using - I'll give it one more week then cancel the subscription. Very fed up !!!!!!!